Guarantee room--dont get to pick

kdh123

Instead of picking my room I went with the guarantee room where carnival picks for you and you dont know until you get there. Checking to see if anyone has done this with carnival and got the worst room ever. Kind of wish now I would of paid extra and pick my room but the wasn't lots of choices left in my price range. I usually book far in advance and pick my room but this time it is a last minute trip. And feedback on people who has went this route and what kind of room you ended up with. Thank you

I selected a guarantee Mini-Suite cabin on the Crown Princess and knew my cabin assignment two months before sailing. It was in a location I would have chosen, thou at a cheaper price, and loved it.

Iv never seen a cabin next to a stairway...maybe you enter from another hallway?? What cabin did you get. Maybe we can look at it.

btw, I had a 1A, the first one after the area for mid ship elevators and except for a occassional ding never heard it.

I still cant think of any cabins next to stairways...a few in front of a quiet crew stairway...?? Before you get all upset, look more closely...and I bet its not as bad as you fear.

Ok I receck and my room is right against stairway. It is M68 on the Ecstasy. So have anyone stayed in a room that close and was unable to sleep due to noise.

Ok I receck and my room is right against stairway. It is M68 on the Ecstasy. So have anyone stayed in a room that close and was unable to sleep due to noise.

I've been in that room on that ship. You won't have any problems. I never heard any noise there--other than the occasional door slam that I would hear anywhere on the ship. You will be fine there.

I've been in that room on that ship. You won't have any problems. I never heard any noise there--other than the occasional door slam that I would hear anywhere on the ship. You will be fine there.

Thank you for your reply. I feel better now. I was thinking of paying $500 more and get 2 ocean view joining rooms since there is 4 but that much money I can spend on the ports doing activities.

I did a guarantee once and knew the room # a week after booking. We booked an inside and got a porthole room..considered an inside but it has 2 porthole windows, so we were happy!

I'm a first time cruiser and didn't know about guarantee vs non guarantee rooms, I just asked the TA if we could have midship rooms. But it turned out that I did the same as you, got the room # within a week and they are porthole rooms. I wasn't happy about the rooms being right at the front of the ship (read about motion/seasickness/noise etc ) but at least we'll get a little light from the portholes. How was it for you - motion wise?

I'm a first time cruiser and didn't know about guarantee vs non guarantee rooms, I just asked the TA if we could have midship rooms. But it turned out that I did the same as you, got the room # within a week and they are porthole rooms. I wasn't happy about the rooms being right at the front of the ship (read about motion/seasickness/noise etc ) but at least we'll get a little light from the portholes. How was it for you - motion wise?

I have stayed on the front of the ship 3 times and never had a problem, but I was on the Conquest which is a bigger ship and we stayed up on the empress deck. I know bigger the boat less motion you feel. Except if you are going through a storm. My brother-n-law get motion sickness really bad and worn patches from the doctor first few times. But the last time we was on the Conquest he forgot and left his patches at home so he had to go without anything and he said he didn't even get sick one time. Everyone is different on how their bodies can handle motion. Not to lie you will feel some motion from time to time but very light.

We are going on our 2nd cruise in April, both times we booked Balcony Guarantee rooms and both times we called to ask for specific rooms after the fact. We were assigned our choice with no extra charge or problem at all. Actually for our upcoming cruise we called our TA to ask for mid ship on deck 7, we actually got a credit back of $130. I dont know if its just luck but our TA is great. If you sign into your account on the Carnival website you should be able to see which room they put you in right away! Then if you arent happy with the location, it wont hurt to call and see about being moved. I highly suggest the Balcony Guarantee option, it doesnt make sense to pay more for the same thing - Thats just silly.

Motion-wise we were fine...it wasnt bad at all!

But, you will know when they are dropping anchor ;)

The worse location of a cabin is wayyy.....in the front of the ship where at night time and you are sleeping you can feel the ocean waves bang your cabin and you can see the port holes look like soapy washing machines as the waves hit your port hole. That cabin had a shower problem so I was moved to a mid-ship area. "WHEW".

Recently I booked a guarantee and two weeks before my cruise I was booked wayyy in the front of the ship with no porthole windows. I called my T.A. and had my cabin changed to an AFT cabin and it was done right away. "WHEW".

You have to have Lady Luck on your side. I am a VIP and Carnival doesn't pay attention or care. I prefer to choose my cabin. Nervous Nelly

Oh nooo.....I need to change my cabin!!

Shhhhhhhhh..... Here's a secret. Many of us actually LOVE those forward port-hole rooms. But there are only a few of them. We PRETEND to complain about them so they'll be free for us to book. Spacious room, daylight at no extra charge. Can't keep many of us out of those rooms. But if anyone asks, we say we hate the noise, the waves, the long walk. Just don't tell anyone this secret please.

Archived