Guarantee room--dont get to pick

kdh123

Instead of picking my room I went with the guarantee room where carnival picks for you and you dont know until you get there. Checking to see if anyone has done this with carnival and got the worst room ever. Kind of wish now I would of paid extra and pick my room but the wasn't lots of choices left in my price range. I usually book far in advance and pick my room but this time it is a last minute trip. And feedback on people who has went this route and what kind of room you ended up with. Thank you

Instead of picking my room I went with the guarantee room where carnival picks for you and you dont know until you get there. Checking to see if anyone has done this with carnival and got the worst room ever. Kind of wish now I would of paid extra and pick my room but the wasn't lots of choices left in my price range. I usually book far in advance and pick my room but this time it is a last minute trip. And feedback on people who has went this route and what kind of room you ended up with. Thank you

I just did the same thing yesterday! I booked a last minute cruise for Mar 4th and used the pack and go rate which they assign your cabin. I am hoping for the best but I am prepared for the worst!:)

Have a great cruise!:)

1st time was great. Had Verandah balcony right in middle of ship. Just a few doors down from main elevators. 2nd. time again Verandah balcony but in the middle of midship and aft. Very long walk to either elevator. This time we paid extra and picked our own Midship balcony a few cabins from main elevator.

You almost always will know what cabin they assign before you get to the ship. Its rare for what you posted to be true.

Iv gotten cabins on the bottom two decks the last few times Iv done it. From a quad (I was cruising solo), to a forward cabin on Main (the best I did lately).

We did this for guaranteed OV. Ended up on main deck w/ cat 6B, just next to cat 6C. Great room, diagonal from elevators. Worth it to me since I saved $ and got a great room.

We have done this twice on Carnival. Took a Balcony Guar. which could have been any balcony cabin including obstructed view. 1st time we got a balcony on thse lido deck. It was great. The 2nd time we really lucked out, we got an aft cabin, the one right at the back of the ship. It was fantastic. Maybe we just got lucky. However, if you book a guar. room, you must be willing to accept the lowest cabin in that category. We didn't know until about 2 weeks out what our room would be. On the first one we found out at the pier what our cabin would be. We think it is kinda neat to take the chance and will do it again. Have a happy cruise. Denny

My first cruise was a guaranteed room on the Tropicale (LOL! Oh so long ago!), My agent told me to ask what cabins were available. When I checked in they told me what decks they still had available cabins in and I got to pick between a handful. On my Inspiration cruise I also booked a guaranteed inside room and a week before my cruise my Travel Agent told me I received a room with 2 portholes, and it was great. Coming up in April of 2011, I booked another inside guaranteed room... Can't wait. Every one goes to the same place, no mater where you are on the ship and what price you paid. I know, that so far I have saved $100 by booking this way on this cruise alone.

Jay

We never pick our cabin. We spend so little time there that we are not picky so never pick. We've never been disappointed, but as I said, we're not picky. I can't remember most of the cabins we've had. Which must mean they were all OK. We've never felt like the curise was ruined because of our cabin assignment. And every dollar we save when booking is another dollar I can spend on myself or DH in port or in the gift shop. :D

The worse location of a cabin is wayyy.....in the front of the ship where at night time and you are sleeping you can feel the ocean waves bang your cabin and you can see the port holes look like soapy washing machines as the waves hit your port hole. That cabin had a shower problem so I was moved to a mid-ship area. "WHEW".

Recently I booked a guarantee and two weeks before my cruise I was booked wayyy in the front of the ship with no porthole windows. I called my T.A. and had my cabin changed to an AFT cabin and it was done right away. "WHEW".

You have to have Lady Luck on your side. I am a VIP and Carnival doesn't pay attention or care. I prefer to choose my cabin. Nervous Nelly

The only cruise we booked a guarantee with was our Inspiration cruise. We got U20... which was very far forward upper/inside. I actually really enjoyed the location and it was a very quiet area.

We've actually saved money since then booking early saver.... so we do get to pick our cabin. We've actually picked forward/port side of ship (even though we are doing suites instead of inside) because of that Inspiration cruise!

I did an inside guarantee on the Legend in December. We got one of the french door cabins where you can open the doors but can't go out (still considered an interior stateroom). There is a lifeboat in your way, but being able to open a door sure beats a normal interior room.

The worse location of a cabin is wayyy.....in the front of the ship where at night time and you are sleeping you can feel the ocean waves bang your cabin and you can see the port holes look like soapy washing machines as the waves hit your port hole.

Oh nooo.....I need to change my cabin!!

Have always done a guarantee room. Have not been unhappy yet. Last cruise on the Dream once we got our cabin assignment we did not like it so our TA moved us to a better room.

As a matter of fact the cruise next January is the first cruise we picked our cabins but we are taking our entire family and we wanted to be close together.

Well, I guess I have to be the one person that could have been more pleased with what we got. I preface this by saying I knew I was taking a risk, and got wat I asked for, lol.

Our only cruise was for our Honeymoon. I had to really work on my hubby to even let us go on a cruise because of the expense of the wedding. I am also a cheapskate, and always take the cheapest, even when I shouldnt (oops).

We got guaranteed inside, and ended up with the lowest deck, and as far aft as you can get. We heard lots of engine noises. Fortunately, we wore ourselves out during the day, and were able to sleep thru it.

We still had an awesome time, and the inside room just encouraged us to explore the ship more. :D

Oh nooo.....I need to change my cabin!!

I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you, unless you are especially prone to motion sickness. I had a porthole room way forward, and we did hit some very rough waves. I went to the midship area to try to get away from the motion in my room. It didn't help very much. The movement was less, but I still felt quite a bit of motion. People in midship rooms were getting sick and coming up to the lido deck to look out over the water to try to feel better. In other words, the whole ship will feel it if the seas are rough. I have since booked another porthole cabin. You will see mostly great reviews about these rooms on these boards. Yes, I did see the waves splashing against my porthole on that cruise. That actually was really awesome to see! I quite enjoyed that. I wish I took video.

To the OP, don't worry about what room you get. We always pick our own room too, but for a value on a last minute deal, I would be happy to take a guarantee.

We have always picked our cabin. I just prefer a particular area of the ship. I am considering a guarantee cabin on an upcoming cruise though. I will be booking 2 cabins one for myself and my DH and one for my 17 & 18 year old grandsons. Carnival says we can book them into their own cabin as long it is next door or across the hall from ours. So if I book a guarantee, they should book our cabins together right?

Also when you book a guarantee do you tell them the cabin class you want or just Ocean View/Interior etc?

Well I received my room # today and so hate it. It is located right next to the stairway. I will never be able to sleep there. I wonder if I call and pay extra for upgrade or for differ room if I can since I have already made final payment? Has anyone done that before. I knew I shouldnt did a guarantee room. I should of just pick my room like I done in pass.:(

Well I received my room # today and so hate it. It is located right next to the stairway. I will never be able to sleep there. I wonder if I call and pay extra for upgrade or for differ room if I can since I have already made final payment? Has anyone done that before. I knew I shouldnt did a guarantee room. I should of just pick my room like I done in pass.:(

Iv never seen a cabin next to a stairway...maybe you enter from another hallway?? What cabin did you get. Maybe we can look at it.

btw, I had a 1A, the first one after the area for mid ship elevators and except for a occassional ding never heard it.

I still cant think of any cabins next to stairways...a few in front of a quiet crew stairway...?? Before you get all upset, look more closely...and I bet its not as bad as you fear.

We booked an 8b guarantee balcony cabin on the Liberty.

I think it was approx 40 days before sail that we got our assignment.

Lido deck across from the midship elevators.

It was an excellent location and we saved 300.00 total.

We did the category guarantee for our first two cruises. Oceanview gaurantee on our first cruise got us bumped up to a balcony. Interior guarantee got us on the highest desk with cabins. But we have never booked a room last minute. I have a feeling that since they tend to put ES cruisers on the lower decks (at least they've done this to us for at least the three cruises), I'm thinking that the room guarantee even last minute is going to be a decent room.

We did the category guarantee for our first two cruises. Oceanview gaurantee on our first cruise got us bumped up to a balcony. Interior guarantee got us on the highest desk with cabins. But we have never booked a room last minute. I have a feeling that since they tend to put ES cruisers on the lower decks (at least they've done this to us for at least the three cruises), I'm thinking that the room guarantee even last minute is going to be a decent room.

When you book ES, you get to pick your own room, so there's no telling where the majority of those people will pick. You had picked the lower decks, but others may pick the higher decks. We've picked higher decks with ES, usually 2 decks below Lido deck. It cost more than a lower deck, but we got the location we wanted. Also, they start offering free upgrade deals under past guest rates on many cruises, and many people already booked under ES are able to get those deals. Plus, the upsell fairy starts calling people that are booked, offering good deals to upgrade. This frees up the lower category rooms closer to the sail date. They can more easily sell those room, or they can assign those cabins to guarantees.

Also, higher may not necessarily be better. It's all about what's near you and what's above and below you (which is mainly what people are concerned about). Sometimes, a Deck 1 room can be awesome. My one Riviera deck room was nice and quiet.

Archived