Shopping for Diamond ring in Mazatlan?

Roos7500

Is it safe to purchase a diamond ring in Mazatlan or another riviera stop? Are there any reputable vendors or are most of them scams? I'd like to purchase my wife a new diamond ring and I thought we could shop for one while on our cruise if it's safe.

You will pay a LOT more for gold and diamonds in Mexico. Since they are not from Mexico and imported in, there is a duty on the goods of at least 30%- save gold and diamond and other non-Mexican items for buying at home. Instead buy silver and Mexican opals.

bPreviously posted by bzy1: You will pay a LOT more for gold and diamonds in Mexico. Since they are not from Mexico and imported in, there is a duty on the goods of at least 30%- save gold and diamond and other non-Mexican items for buying at home. Instead buy silver and Mexican opals.

Where would be the best place to get Mexican opals??? Have seen them and been drooling over the red ones for a few years.:)

Thanks

Archived