Splendor to Skip Maz Again

MikeM

Plus the schedule has been inverted

From John H on FB

2/28/11 Mon "FUN DAY" AT SEA At Sea At Sea

3/1/11 Tue CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO 9:30 AM 6:00 PM

3/2/11 Wed CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

3/3/11 Thu PUERTO VALLARTA, MEXICO 8:00 AM 10:00 PM

I wonder how long they will implement this itinerary? We sail on March 13th and have massages scheduled in PV on Wednesday. If they will be sailing this schedule then, we have to change our dates.

Same here...tours pre-booked and paid for throught Carnival and private parties. Randi's Happly Horses won't be Happy

We sail in a week and I like the new schedule. Mazatlan was our least favorite stop and it will be good to have a chance to see more of Cabo. It was 1 degree here yesterday. Where ever we go in Mexico will be a vast improvement.

We usually don't do the Carnival tours but go through private vendors. We have already prepaid for a whale watch in Cabo and also made plans for both PV and Mazatlan. I hope they let us know soon!

I took a peek earlier on the Mexican Riviera board and Mazatlan Frank posted earlier that the cruise ships are coming back to Mazatlan (again!) starting next week. The governor went to Miami and met with the beards, although I think he was specifically referring to NCL. I personally would prefer the three stops and to be left as-is, but understand the need for safety as well. We shall wait to see!

We sail in a week and I like the new schedule. Mazatlan was our least favorite stop and it will be good to have a chance to see more of Cabo. It was 1 degree here yesterday. Where ever we go in Mexico will be a vast improvement.

May be just temporary, John H said they will announce soon the decision whether continuing as temp, final or returning to previous itinerary.

So if they skip mazatlan is it an extra 'fun day at sea' instead? I mean since they are skipping it, what happens?? Dying to hear the reviews from today's peeps fresh off the cruise

Plus the schedule has been inverted

From John H on FB

2/28/11 Mon "FUN DAY" AT SEA At Sea At Sea

3/1/11 Tue CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO 9:30 AM 6:00 PM

3/2/11 Wed CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

3/3/11 Thu PUERTO VALLARTA, MEXICO 8:00 AM 10:00 PM

Five weeks until we cruise and I will be very disappointed in a two port cruise.

I was on the Cabo/Cabo itinerary last week on the Spirit. The advantage to a two port itinerary is day one you can get out there and do stuff, and if you choose, day two can be like a sea day, only on land, where the beer is cheaper, or you can find another activity.

Just got off the Splendor today and yes, we did not go to Mazatlan. We didn't find out until the day before but due to the increasing violence in Mazatlan, I can't imagine that that Carnival would risk going there. It's sad really because it really is a beautiful city and it was sad that we missed it. Better safe than sorry I guess. Hope you have a good trip :)

Archived