All things Dream!

a3593

This thread has been awesome - OK - just for fun - has anyone stayed in 1203 - we know we are in the bottom in the front - but the price was fantastic :)

Did anyone else get a message from Carnival saying don't come early to board? something about longer lines due to boat being in Belize? We sail May 4th!!!!!!!

Blackjack Band will be on vacation from May 18 - July 6. No definitive word on whether or not they'll be back on Dream after that - I hope they will return, as I'm on Dream July 13. I figure it's a matter of them signing a new contract with Carnival, but I don't know how things work with the onboard entertainment.

Blackjack Band will be on vacation from May 18 - July 6. No definitive word on whether or not they'll be back on Dream after that - I hope they will return, as I'm on Dream July 13. I figure it's a matter of them signing a new contract with Carnival, but I don't know how things work with the onboard entertainment.

Go figure we are on the Dream on May 18th:(

I'm so sorry if this has been asked I tried searching for it but couldn't find it. We will be on the Dream June 15th and we are wondering about dining options other than the steak house and mdr. We would also like to find out if someone knows the times the other options close as I have read that some of the facilities close during the mdr times. Thanks in advance and Happy Cruisin'.

I'm so sorry if this has been asked I tried searching for it but couldn't find it. We will be on the Dream June 15th and we are wondering about dining options other than the steak house and mdr. We would also like to find out if someone knows the times the other options close as I have read that some of the facilities close during the mdr times. Thanks in advance and Happy Cruisin'.

Here is a link. The only thing that I see here that is no longer on the Dream is the Sushi Bar. I know that the Italian place was only opened for lunch when we sailed.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Images/ccluk/Onboard_12_May_2010.html

Edited by Athankfulheart

Got two questions does anyone know if the black jack band is still on the dream??? Also do they play Quest on the Dream ? Played it last year on Liberty it was a blast. Thanks

No Quest on 4/20 sailing unfortunately. Had a ball with it last fall on Fantasy!

Here is a link. The only thing that I see here that is no longer on the Dream is the Sushi Bar. I know that the Italian place was only opened for lunch when we sailed.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Images/ccluk/Onboard_12_May_2010.html

That's a useful link. Note that the steakhouse is now a $35 surcharge.

Edited by emelvee

The Taste Bar is free which is little appetizers served before dinner. The Dream still has sushi. I believe it is in the lido area (from what I've read) and the comedy club brunch. I think that are the other 2.0 changes different from the link (which is nice)

"BBQ on Lanai is fantastic - great quesidilas!"

Is this the same area as on the Magic where you can get fantastic slider burgers on sea days? I couldn't find this area on the Dream deck plans, but we loved it on the Magic! It was out on the Lanai deck next to some hot tubs - a small grill area, but they were fresh made in front of you with all of the toppings. SOOOO GOOD!

Aft Cabins below Lido Deck.....DON'T book them! The noise @ 1a, 5a, 6a....crazy and we could not sleep. It was so bad that Carnival Refunded 15% of cruise price and gave me 10% off my next cruise.

Amen! We made the mistake of booking an OV Guarantee on Conquest a few years ago. We ended up right under the Lido deck. Worst cruise ever!!! We weren't offered a refund though. :(

The Dream has a different menu than Breeze

Fat Jimmy's on Breeze sounds much better!!! (I don't like coleslaw on my food - and I'm allergic anyway)

I thought Magic Had Fat Jimmy's but I guess Spirit does - :o

http://www.carnival.com/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/FatJimmysCSideBBQMenupdf.ashx

Lanai Oceanside Barbeque

The Lanai

Promenade

Open-air barbeque option features a variety of popular grilled items, from sliders and chicken to quesadillas and hot dogs, along with salads, homemade chips and salsa, and traditional barbecue accompaniments.

DR MC

Fat Jimmy’s C-Side BBQ

The Lanai Promenade

Open-air barbeque offering an array of grilled favorites, including barbecued chicken breast, kielbasa, Italian sausage, pulled pork sandwiches, along with traditional sides like baked beans, potato salad, coleslaw and mini-corn muffins.

BR SP

UGH!! I hope they are back onboard after vacation! We're sailing Oct. 12th and we're really looking forward to a live band onboard!!

Do me a favor... dont break the ship :) kidding... have fun on your trip cant wait until its my turn :)

We totally missed the BBQ on the Lanai and the Taste Bar :eek:

I am making it a mission to check these things out on our October cruise this go around! What time do they usually set up the taste bar?

I wonder what other things we missed on our last cruise :confused:

But we still had tons of fun!!

Do me a favor... dont break the ship :) kidding... have fun on your trip cant wait until its my turn :)

LOL!! I'll do the best I can!!! You enjoy your cruise as well. I'll try to keep it all tidy for ya!!

We are on the Dream on the 15th too! 6 of us, 4 in a cove and 2 right across the hall. It's my eldest graduation present and we have a 5 and 2 yr old that we are hoping will enjoy Camp Carnival for at least an hour a day! My youngest has Down syndrome, but I have gotten great feedback about their program and special needs, I will post a review as this is our first cruise. We normally do all inclusive as we own a time share, my DH is a little skeptical

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Ok, please don't beat me up for this question but is smoking still allowed on all balconies? Also, where is the smoking area located?

No flaming here. Smoking is permitted on almost all balconies. The ones that it is not allowed on is the Cloud 9 Spa room balconies. No smoking in any rooms (indoors). Those are on Spa deck and about half of them on Panorama deck. Usually, there is one side of the ship in some of the outdoors parts that is smoking, but I'm not sure which.

Edited by k2excursion

I personally much prefer the Dream's & Magic's lanai BBQ to the Breeze's. In all fairness, I didn't try the Breeze's, but only because I didn't want anything that I saw. It didn't look good to me. Dream's & Magic's were good. The quesadillas were very good. It's not my favorite lunch option, but it's nice to give it a try.

Things can always change, but Blackjack Band should be back on the Dream after their vacation. That is the ship that they have a contract with for at least a couple more years. Jimmy told me that there contract has them on the Dream, doing the oceans plaza & him doing the fiddle part in the country show.

We totally missed the BBQ on the Lanai and the Taste Bar :eek:

I am making it a mission to check these things out on our October cruise this go around! What time do they usually set up the taste bar?

I wonder what other things we missed on our last cruise :confused:

But we still had tons of fun!!

the taste bar was offering various fare from carnival's specialty restaurants and pubs. Some that aren't even on the Dream. (which I found strange0

BILL

When is the BBQ night and where? Sounds like I dont want to miss it.

Also what about the sushi my wife loves it and we thought they had a sushi bar but not getting info they dont. THey only have sushi certain days and ect.??

Thanks

When is the BBQ night and where? Sounds like I dont want to miss it.

Also what about the sushi my wife loves it and we thought they had a sushi bar but not getting info they dont. THey only have sushi certain days and ect.??

Thanks

Haven't cruised on the Dream before but I believe from what I've read the BBQ is on sea days on the Lanai (Deck 5). As far as sushi goes - I don't believe they have the cart anymore but it is offered in the buffet. Not 100% sure on that one but I'm sure someone who has been on the Dream will let you know for sure!