All things Dream!

a3593

What is the "secret door?"

It's a door that many people find fascinating to look at.:p But seriously, I don't know why some people talk about the door, as there's nothing special about the door. The appeal is that there are decks at the front of the ship on several floors that overlook the bow of the ship. It's nice out there, although very windy. On the Dream, you will find these areas on decks 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, & 11. Many people won't count deck 5 as one of them, because you don't get to it by going through a door. But it does have a forward observation area, just like those other decks have. There are outside stairs that connect these areas on decks 5, 6, & 7.

We are in balcony cabin 7432 in August. Looking at deck plans it looks to me like deck 5 narrows a bit that far aft. Can any one confirm this? I want to look down and see ocean, not deck!

It is more narrow there. You will still see some deck, but not much. Not nearly as bad as other spots. When you look to your right, you will see the deck sticking further out. The coves are the best balconies on the ship (as they are the only ones that don't see deck), but if you can't have a cove, the location you have is one of the better ones.

Edited by k2excursion

Does anyone know if the Dream has Balconies with Obstructed views?

We Just booked our 1st cruise on the Dream for next month. They where running a Balcony Special but was warned there was a possibility we could end up with a Balcony with an "Obstructed View". :eek: Just curious about how many Balcony Cabins have this obstructed views? :confused:

Does anyone know if the Dream has Balconies with Obstructed views?

We Just booked our 1st cruise on the Dream for next month. They where running a Balcony Special but was warned there was a possibility we could end up with a Balcony with an "Obstructed View". :eek: Just curious about how many Balcony Cabins have this obstructed views? :confused:

Technically, according to Carnival's definition, there are no obstructed balconies on the Dream. BUT, there are tons in reality. Deck 5 has a lanai (outdoor public walkway) that sticks out from the ship, running around the whole ship. All balconies above it will be able to see the lanai. It is a big obstruction to the view & the privacy of decks 6 & 7 balconies. There are also hot tubs on the lanai, that stick out further & stand taller. Those will be a big obstruction to even further up balconies. From a deck 6 balcony, about half of the view of water is taken away (even more if you're above a hot tub). From decks 9, 10, & higher, the lanai obstruction is really not an issue. Plus, the lanai is much skinnier towards the front & back of the ship, which makes those much better for the views. Still, I prefer the cove balconies on deck 2, with a 100% ocean view. Nothing blocking even a small part of the view.

Edited by k2excursion

Technically, according to Carnival's definition, there are no obstructed balconies on the Dream. BUT, there are tons in reality. Deck 5 has a lanai (outdoor public walkway) that sticks out from the ship, running around the whole ship. All balconies above it will be able to see the lanai. It is a big obstruction to the view & the privacy of decks 6 & 7 balconies. There are also hot tubs on the lanai, that stick out further & stand taller. Those will be a big obstruction to even further up balconies. From a deck 6 balcony, about half of the view of water is taken away (even more if you're above a hot tub). From decks 9, 10, & higher, the lanai obstruction is really not an issue. Plus, the lanai is much skinnier towards the front & back of the ship, which makes those much better for the views. Still, I prefer the cove balconies on deck 2, with a 100% ocean view. Nothing blocking even a small part of the view.

Thanks for your quick reply! Just what we needed to know. We are the type that will have fun no matter what cabin we're in. We're more concerned with the privacy issue then the view! :D The view "on" my balcony is what's important! ;)

Thanks for your quick reply! Just what we needed to know. We are the type that will have fun no matter what cabin we're in. We're more concerned with the privacy issue then the view! :D The view "on" my balcony is what's important! ;)

On the Dream those balconies on Deck 6 are easily seen from those walking on the Lanai below them on Deck 5. Look at the photo here that shows the Hot Tub, you can see all of those Deck 6 balconies.

http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=ironsource&hsimp=yhs-fullyhosted_003&type=dsites0202&param1=yhsBeacon&param2=cd%3D2XzuyEtN2Y1L1Qzu0AyE0B0A0D0B0F0BtAzy0D0C0AtD0F0DtN0D0Tzu0SyBzzzztN1L2XzutBtFtBtFtCyDtFtCyCtAtCtN1L1CzutBtAtDtC1N1R%26cr%3D553154978%26ir%3D2301gc%26elng%3Den%26elcl%3Dus%26a%3Ddsites0202%26f%3D4%26cat%3Dweb%26sid%3D5b64ebffee0b41b8f54491b79eeb7c78%26cnc%3Dironsource_tb_intl_search%26sesid%3D%26abg%3D%26ipblock%3D0%26csr%3D0%26p%3Dmysearchdial&p=carnival+dream+lanai

Edited by Mysticks1

On the Dream those balconies on Deck 6 are easily seen from those walking on the Lanai below them on Deck 5. Look at the photo here that shows the Hot Tub, you can see all of those Deck 6 balconies.

We got our cabin number last night,,,, " 6417 "... Oh well, may not be as private as we would've liked :( but at least we don't have a life boat right out our window! LOL

We got our cabin number last night,,,, " 6417 "... Oh well, may not be as private as we would've liked :( but at least we don't have a life boat right out our window! LOL

From there you can people watch really well if you like to do that. :) Have a great cruise.

We are room 6449 anyone tell me anything about this room?

That room is directly above the piano bar. They play in there late into the night, until around 1am or so, maybe even later sometimes. Part of the room is above the area where the bartender is making the drinks, but most of it is above the public area of the piano bar. The good thing is that the balcony is above a skinny part of the lanai. So even though you will see a little bit of deck when you look down, it's not as bad as other spots, and there aren't as many people that stroll by that area.

We have cabins 7444 & 7448 booked. What are the views like from these cabins. Is Deck 5 going to ruin our view of the water? :eek:

HERE is a link that has a lot of good info on which cabins are good. I've used it a lot.

Also just looking at deck plans on the line's site will give you an idea of what's above/below your cabin before you book.

Dou

HERE is a link that has a lot of good info on which cabins are good. I've used it a lot.

Also just looking at deck plans on the line's site will give you an idea of what's above/below your cabin before you book.

Dou

Can't access your link:(

Was on the dream in 7417 (aft) Don't freak about the deck blocking water views - it's a big ocean! It's not really in your view from 7 at all unless you poke your head over. On 6, a little more, but you are talking about something 12 feet wide, 8 feet below you. If you are sitting on your balc on 6, you will not even see the deck, just ocean. Joining the balcony club during the day, however , not recommended...YMMV

Can't access your link:(

This THIS or copy and paste this: http://*****************/CruiseShips/BestCabins.aspx?ShipName=carnival+dream

I just tried my own post and for some reason this forum's links do not work....the link I am TRYING to post is

CruiseAdvise.org....then click on Carnival (CCL?), then look for best/worst cabins. Of course, that is just someone's opinion.....like mine!:rolleyes:

Edited by PaperSniper4

Does anyone know if room 8327 is looking down at a deck or the water?

I've heard some balcony rooms overlook decks or have "obstructed views"?

Just off the Dream and deck 5 goes completely around the ship, so all balconies overlook deck 5. It is a good deck to walk on - 2-1/2 laps equal 1 mile, much better than walking the small track.