All things Dream!

a3593

Current Fun Times for both western itineraries and the eastern itinerary are located here: http://johnhealdsblog.com/funtimes/2014-05-14/Carnival%20Dream/

One lap on the track is 738 feet (225 meters). Seven laps is approximately one mile. No jogging on deck 5 I would think as there are chairs, the lanai, etc.

Thank you so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone know if or when the Dream will roll out the new family style dining?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Yikes! - I'm hoping not through September ~ I like the existing menu - More variety - and choices. :o

Aft Cabins below Lido Deck.....DON'T book them! The noise @ 1a, 5a, 6a....crazy and we could not sleep. It was so bad that Carnival Refunded 15% of cruise price and gave me 10% off my next cruise.

:( that is exactly where we are on Vista deck. we have 3 aft balconies with friends.

Any suggestions on how to deal with the noise? Should we call someone if it is loud, guest services? What is the noise, and is there anything they can do to stop it?

email plz tessalmond gmail

Aft Cabins below Lido Deck.....DON'T book them! The noise @ 1a, 5a, 6a....crazy and we could not sleep. It was so bad that Carnival Refunded 15% of cruise price and gave me 10% off my next cruise.

:( that is exactly where we are on Vista deck. we have 3 aft balconies with friends.

Any suggestions on how to deal with the noise? Should we call someone if it is loud, guest services? What is the noise, and is there anything they can do to stop it?

email plz tessalmond gmail

We're booked in 9472 (aft wrap) and the kids across the hall in 9470. Hopefully it won't be too loud back in the corner. Most of the reviews I've read on here and seen on YouTube said it wasn't that bad. I think we will bring earplugs just in case! :eek:

We are leaving this Sunday, May 11, and will be in 9472. Will let you know what it is like. Hoping the chance of a little noise and smaller room will be worth the trade-off for a wrap balcony.

How was it? Did you like the cabin? :)

An aft wrap, HUGE balcony. I had researched before we sailed and read it could be loud with movement of chairs above. It was blissfully quiet. Occasionally we heard music from up above, but we considered that a bonus. We would book this cabin again. 1 flight below the buffet with easy access to tea, coffee and water, and anything else you may need. Did I mention the HUGE balcony? :D

I'm so happy that I found your post! We will keep Cabin 9472 and enjoy it! :D

It will occur in the morning when they unstack chairs on Lido. I had a balcony cabin right under Lido on my first cruise and learned the hard way.

Anyone with experience on gluten free menu / food on the Dream. In the MDR? TA said there was a specific menu to ask the water but I read that as not the case. What I found said you have to go to MDR each day and chose what you'll eat that evening. Help :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone with experience on gluten free menu / food on the Dream. In the MDR? TA said there was a specific menu to ask the water but I read that as not the case. What I found said you have to go to MDR each day and chose what you'll eat that evening. Help :)

A young woman at our table, whose family was also a part of our cruisecritic roll call, needed gluten free. I'm not sure how you go about informing Carnival of this ahead of time. But on the first night there, she was given the gluten free menu for that night. Later on in the evening, she was given the gluten free menu for the next night, and she chose what she would want for the next night. That's how it was done the rest of the cruise: making the choices a day ahead of time. She seemed to be happy with it overall, although I can't say for sure. I heard no complaints.

Edited by k2excursion

A young woman at our table, whose family was also a part of our cruisecritic roll call, needed gluten free. I'm not sure how you go about informing Carnival of this ahead of time. But on the first night there, she was given the gluten free menu for that night. Later on in the evening, she was given the gluten free menu for the next night, and she chose what she would want for the next night. That's how it was done the rest of the cruise: making the choices a day ahead of time. She seemed to be happy with it overall, although I can't say for sure. I heard no complaints.

Thanks for your prompt reply :) that sounds perfect, my niece has severe food allergies

TNCAP --- Current Fun Times for both western itineraries and the eastern itinerary are located here: http://johnhealdsblog.com/funtimes/2014-05-14/Carnival%20Dream/

Thanks so much for the link.

This thread has been so helpful (just wish there was more about the Dream's 2.0 - Drydock changes)

OceanDreams

Edited by OceanDreams

I was in a balcony on Deck 8 a couple weeks ago. Had my cabin air on full-cold, and it was ok to me. I'm hot natured, I would have preferred the room to have been another degree or two cooler, but I'd say it was around 74 or so. MDR felt (to me) about the same, maybe a degree cooler. I never got cold personally, but I thought it was slightly cooler than my room.

Edited by 3dogsrule

Recently returned cruisers......what was your room temperature and MDR temperature like? I keep reading different things....too hot in rooms, too cold? What are your thoughts?

This might be more information that you want.......:rolleyes:

Temperature in our cabin, mid-ship port, deck 8 was just fine. Thermostat seemed to control the temperature fine. Termperature through the ship seemed ok except occasionally on decks 4 and 5; never could figure out why.

Problem with cabins on decks above the Promenade/Lanai deck is NOISE from the hot tubs. I had never heard of a deck below a balcony cabin that jutted out, spoiling the view of the ocean and creating a noise problem, but Dream has this. Now I will add that to the things I consider when booking a balcony cabin. It was so bad on several occasions that I had to move back into our cabin, instead of doing what I enjoy; sitting on the balcony reading a book, or just watching the ocean slip by. For that reason we probably will not sail on Dream again, or on any other ship of this design. At least not in a similar balcony cabin above the Lanai deck. We had considered the "cove" balcony cabins....now I wish we'd booked them!

Otherwise we really enjoyed our cruise - great food, nice cabin, best steward and best waiter we've had in 28 cruises....but our balcony over such a noisy place isn't my idea of a balcony!

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4

***wiping sweat from brow***

I just finished reading 50+pages of this thread....yes, in one sitting...at work no less hehe. :eek: :cool:

thanks to all who have given tips.

I hope to come back and add tips of my own after my cruise next week :D

Things I'm most looking forward to:

The slides (I'm a big kid)

Room Service

MDR & brunch.

Thanks again oh, and I keep hearing about this band blackjack. Are they still on the ship? Anyone know what production shows are on? I'm assuming it's a Playlist correct?

Thanks!

Only a few days to go!

Thanks again oh, and I keep hearing about this band blackjack. Are they still on the ship? Anyone know what production shows are on? I'm assuming it's a Playlist correct?

Blackjack is still on board. The shows are not the Playlist Productions. They are 8 More Seconds, Dancin' in the Streets and Get Ready.

Blackjack is still on board. The shows are not the Playlist Productions. They are 8 More Seconds, Dancin' in the Streets and Get Ready.

thanks for the info. I'm really glad to hear about those shows. Ive never seen them...

and the band...that will be good stuff too!

Thanks!

Bitter and blanc is served on the old menus. The new menus we did not care for especially the desserts. The banana splits off the kids menu are tasty though!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app