All things Dream!

a3593

He started vacation at the end of our cruise on June 18. I heard someone say that he'd be back, but also heard someone else say that he could be moving to a different ship. Just rumors at this point.

According to the 2011 CD spreadsheet that John Heald posted, Butch will return as Dream's CD in the beginning of August. I was on the Dream last week & had Gary, who was fantastic as a replacement! :)

Thank you so much for opening a thread to the Dream! My wife and I will be going on the Dream on Jan 7,2012 and we're trying to get as much information as possible.WE CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!:D

hutat: that is the same cruise we are booked on...we have a lively roll call thread going on...check it out and join us

Your cabin is a standard size balcony cabin. We were in 11209 last week. I beleive your cabin is just under 12225, which is th elast spa cabin on the spa deck. It might extend a bit under the stairwell to the Serenity deck, but at night you hsould have little or no noise, and I doubt if you'll be bothered in the day time if you're in your cabin.

Have a great cruise.

Crewsweeper,

thanks so much for that information! We are leaving in 6 days and can hardly wait.

Sunshine

I was on in January and noticed the Spa had a list of treatments for the week including port day specials. So, its like they decided already the specials for the week and posted them. I really didn't see anymore "specials" throughout the week.

Anyone on recently know if this is still practice?

Thank you all so much for the great tips and information! I'm sailing in September with my amazing group of friends that I met on CC before we cruised a couple of years ago. This is a great thread, and I'm sure we will use at least some of your pointers! :)

Hey guys someone asked earlier about the hidden coin a few pages back, i havent been on the dream yet going on in september but i have read on another thread that the hidden coin is on the wall at the start of the steps for the waterslide and they had a picture of it on that thread as well.

I am curious and hope some past Carnival Dream cruisers can help me out. We are in connecting balcony staterooms on the Vista Deck, (3) in one cabin and (2) in the other. Looking at deck plans it appears that the room with (2) people Cabin # 9235 is larger than the room for (3) people #9231. Is this just an optical illusion or what?

Also any recent Funtimes?

Has anyone stayed in cabin 7456 aft ? And if so what about noise and soot. Thanks for any info you might have. Thanks:D:D

Haven't stayed in that exact room, but we were just in 6492 below that room on the corner. I was worried about noise from below--not an issue. And soot? I was worried that there would be a thin layer of soot on the chairs each day (based on what I had read)--not the case at all. Every once in a while, we'd see a piece that looked like a flake of ash out of the fireplace. The first one didn't even show up until the 4th day of the cruise. After reading about soot for months, it seemed so silly and insignificant once a piece actually landed on our deck that I took a photo:

5856222553_ed5d95da54.jpg

We did notice a little more over the last few days of the cruise--depends on the wind--but this was about the biggest piece we ever saw.

I was on in January and noticed the Spa had a list of treatments for the week including port day specials. So, its like they decided already the specials for the week and posted them. I really didn't see anymore "specials" throughout the week.

I dont know that this is regular practice. But it would make senes if it is. 52 sailings a year and all the things involved in spa, meals, entertainment, etc. Makes sense to have these "specials" planned like that. They dont expect the normal cruisers to analyse the specials like that. Since average cruisers go on maybe 1 cruise a year, they dont think of assembly type specials. Hope I made some sense here.

I dont know that this is regular practice. But it would make senes if it is. 52 sailings a year and all the things involved in spa, meals, entertainment, etc. Makes sense to have these "specials" planned like that. They dont expect the normal cruisers to analyse the specials like that. Since average cruisers go on maybe 1 cruise a year, they dont think of assembly type specials. Hope I made some sense here. :confused:

Great thread!! :) Keep the tips coming~ we're sailing on the Dream in December. I've been taking notes. We're booked in a stateroom on the Lido deck. Any thoughts on staying on the Lido? Hoping the convenience of location outweighs any negatives...

Do you have to sign up for the cooking demo in the steakhouse that is on the first sea day or is it standing room only? Does it cost money?

Thanks,

Maggie

Just did this two weeks ago on the Dream. Just show up about 15 - 20 minutes early and you should be fine. I love doing this. We get great recipies and get to sample lots of great items.