13YR old in MDR on Millenium 11 day Southeren Caribbean

VOLLEYBALLDUDE2000

Yep, same as adults. We cruised with our 12 yr old in 2009 and brought the complete line-up with for dining. All casual and formal clothes for kids can be found at Walmart, cheaper yet- second hand stores. We love 'em, especially if they're only wearing the clothes a couple of times. Because they'll no longer fit in a year. Good luck and happy cruising Volleyballdude!:)

My boys 9 and 13 wear Khaki pants, dress shoes and polo shirts either short sleeve or long sleeve. They do not attend formal night so can't help you there.

On our cruise last summer there were kids in shorts in the MDR but you risk getting sent back to your room to change.

B.

A 13 year old isn't really a kid, he's a young adult and should dress appropriately. I don't believe T shirts are really appropriate in the MDR either, certainly not logo ones. There is a sign forbidding shorts.

our 13 year old girl will be dressed to code. she loves the dress up side of it. hope to meet you and you family at the meet and greet

Girls are so easy. My princess is a dress up girl too. If it would be up to her, she would have her own suitcase. But Jan, oh boy, Here could not care less of what to wear.

I have 2 DD's who are 10 and 14, and I agree that girls are a lot easier to convince to dress up. But I also agree with the other posters. You can get your DS a pair of khakis and a polo shirt very cheaply at Walmart or Target for smart casual nights. He can change back into the shorts and T-shirt after dinner. I also think that making him dress up to the code is teaching him a worthwhile lesson about respect for others and himself.

Unless he is a messy kid you should be able to get by with two pairs of pants - so leave the tags on one, and return them if you don't need them. Using the ship's laundry if need be should be less expensive than keeping the pants. Have a great cruise.

Went to Walmart and got 3 pairs of pants and 4 button up shirts (short sleeve) for 60$.

We're all set. Thanks for all your input. !!

Have a great cruise. Maybe there will be some cute 13 year old girls seated nearby to check out your DS in his new smart casual attire!;)

I was wondering about that too. My older DD was 13 on that cruise and loved the teen program on the MOTS. It was her first experience with a teen program because last time we were on Princess, she turned 13 on the day after disembarkation (this was in Oct '09). Princess is strict on age requirements, and their teen program starts at 13 so she missed out that time. She had a blast on the Mariner.

Archived