Holiday Inn Express FLL/port

msstarr22

Looking for advice on this hotel. Has anyone stayed here. Is there anyplace to be recommended for dinner. We want to buy wine before we board the ship so we also need to find where we can purchase that as well. We fly in so no one will have a car for this shopping/dining venture. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

We have booked a room there precruise for March 19th. I see by looking at google map that there is a shopping center across the street with a grocery store. According to the hotel website there is a restaurant called Bimini Boatyard also across the street somewhere close. Their website looked pretty good, but I have seen mixed reviews on eating here. We will probably go there anyway.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on February 13th. The Holiday Inn Express is convenient. Walgreens just down the street, a right out of the hotel. Take a left, up the street and take another left to a shopping center with a Publix and a Wine Store. Easy walk. Many places to eat within walking distance. The Holiday Inn Express is OK, clean, convenient but certainly not worth the $160.00 room rate but most of the hotels prices are high becuase of the cruisers. No pool but for one night, OK.

Everyone so far has been giving advice based on the HIE Convention Center Location on SE 17th St. The OP is asking about the HIE FLL/port, which is on SR 84. This hotel is a couple of blocks west of a shopping center that had fast food, pizza, Chinese takeout, a sports bar, Winn-Dixie, and Big Lots. You can get wine at Winn-Dixie, and I think there is a liquor store there also. There is one restaurant, the Old Heidelberg, on the same side of the street as the hotel.

• 1 month later...
I'm planning to book a room at the holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites : FT. LAUDERDALE AIRPORT/CRUISE.

Do they charge for shuttle to the pier and from the airport (FLL)?

I believe the airport shuttle is complimentary but they do not offer complimentary shuttle to the port. A taxi from the hotel to port would be less than $15.

Looking for advice on this hotel. Has anyone stayed here. Is there anyplace to be recommended for dinner. We want to buy wine before we board the ship so we also need to find where we can purchase that as well. We fly in so no one will have a car for this shopping/dining venture. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

We stayed there in 2007 and it was newly refurbished then. It was much nice than the one on 17th street. There is a small pool and a continental breakfast. They did provide a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier at that time. There is a grocery and a liquor store a few blocks down across the street for an easy walk. Yes, there are restaurants within walking distance.

We got socked w/the price when we went because it was Super Bowl week in Miami that year. I have no idea what you could get it for now. The room was on the small side but very clean w/good bedding.

Archived