Flip flops in MDR

carebear1008

Why is it so difficult to dress nicely?

Would you wear flip flops at a nice Restaurant in a nice Hotel.

There is a club/restaurant here where I live. Where a dress code is very strict and always enforced . They do turn people away all the time. You have to be in very nice attire to get in. I have never been turned away in my flip flops and sundresses. So the answer to your question is YES.

I wore flip flops every night but formal night on my last cruise. I wore a dress every night with them. Two pair have a slight heel on them, but I never even thought twice about wearing them. High heels just don't look right with most sun dresses. Don't let people on here tell you no. I always pack lay to many shoes too.

Ummm a little much over the top?

Try dressy heels on formal night with no friction, walking up stairs on marble. That seems more realistic.

OP: Nice sundress and sandals flip flops are fine on non elegant nights. As long as it isn't trashy, it will look fine.

And by trashy: flip flops that are busted, ripped, Budweiser logos, you get my drift.

I LIVE in flip flops! My favorite outfit of choice is sundress and old navy flip flops! I think there is nothing wrong with it and I plan on wearing that every night (besides formal nights) in MDR.

Not to hijack, but clearwater, are u from clearwater, fl?

Ummm a little much over the top?

Try dressy heels on formal night with no friction, walking up stairs on marble. That seems more realistic.

OP: Nice sundress and sandals flip flops are fine on non elegant nights. As long as it isn't trashy, it will look fine.

And by trashy: flip flops that are busted, ripped, Budweiser logos, you get my drift.

I LIVE in flip flops! My favorite outfit of choice is sundress and old navy flip flops! I think there is nothing wrong with it and I plan on wearing that every night (besides formal nights) in MDR.

Carnival's policy states that they are not allowed, so there is something wrong with it, sorry.

When I signed on back on 2002, I lived in Clearwater - so hence the name :)

I am however a 3rd generation Tampanian (family settled Ybor City from Sicily).

And now I live by downtown St. Petersburg in a neat little boating community.

And to me, the teva's are still a but underdressy. I agree there is a difference in beach flip flops which are a no-no and a nice slip in sandal which is still in the same category. Maxi dresses which are very popular sundresses, come to the floor, etc.. you can't see the shoes, etc.. as someone mentioned.

I am leaving next week for my first cruise. I am really stressing about wearing the right thing. I have a few sundresses I am bringing and decided that i am going to bring my Yellow Box that are different colors and match. I have to stop stressing and I don't consider them beach flip flops. I will most likely end up only wearing them a couple of times.

When I signed on back on 2002, I lived in Clearwater - so hence the name :)

I am however a 3rd generation Tampanian (family settled Ybor City from Sicily).

And now I live by downtown St. Petersburg in a neat little boating community.

And to me, the teva's are still a but underdressy. I agree there is a difference in beach flip flops which are a no-no and a nice slip in sandal which is still in the same category. Maxi dresses which are very popular sundresses, come to the floor, etc.. you can't see the shoes, etc.. as someone mentioned.

Pretty cool. We live in Palm Harbor!!!

I also think Teva's are a bit underdressed. But i think there is nothing wrong with a nice flip flop in the dining room (ie. leather reefs or rainbows). I go everywhere in my flip flops!

I suppose it depends on your "style" of flip flops! If you mean, those foam rubber, spongy flat soled flip flops that you might wear on the beach, then I say flat out NO! Nothing wrong with flip flops in the right environment, ie' beach or deck, back yard.

The only "flip flop" type footwear I might consider are those that have a sturdy sole, ( not spongy rubber ), but a sturdy sole, that can be flat, or have a small heel. Better if they are dressed up a bit, again no rubber, spongy attachments, but a little bit or a lot classy.

The only flipflops I have a problem with in the MDR are those spongy flat rubber beach flip flops, but honestly I m not looking at anyone else's feet, nor am I anymore concerned with what anyone wears, as long as they are "clothed"! bodily or footwise!

Pretty cool. We live in Palm Harbor!!!

I also think Teva's are a bit underdressed. But i think there is nothing wrong with a nice flip flop in the dining room (ie. leather reefs or rainbows). I go everywhere in my flip flops!

Hi Neighbor! :) Definitely has a lot to do with where we live I think.

Every nice restaurant, even Bern's steakhouse.. you will see sandals, etc.. It's so second nature to us.

We are going to St. Augustine to a 5 star hotel in 2 weeks for our anniversary and the super nice restaurant accepts dress shorts, sandals, etc.. which is what made me laugh about the poster asking would people wear them at a hotel or nice restaurant.

I just got back from a corporate conference at The Ritz, and there was an abundance of flip flops all over.

I am not justifying. I love dressing up and love looking polished. I don't think I push the limits, because I always dress better than most. I telecommute 100% so it's a treat when I leave the house lol.

I suppose it depends on your "style" of flip flops! If you mean, those foam rubber, spongy flat soled flip flops that you might wear on the beach, then I say flat out NO! Nothing wrong with flip flops in the right environment, ie' beach or deck, back yard.

The only "flip flop" type footwear I might consider are those that have a sturdy sole, ( not spongy rubber ), but a sturdy sole, that can be flat, or have a small heel. Better if they are dressed up a bit, again no rubber, spongy attachments, but a little bit or a lot classy.

The only flipflops I have a problem with in the MDR are those spongy flat rubber beach flip flops, but honestly I m not looking at anyone else's feet, nor am I anymore concerned with what anyone wears, as long as they are "clothed"! bodily or footwise!

I agree completely!

Carnival's policy states that they are not allowed, so there is something wrong with it, sorry.

But what exactly determines what a flip flop is? There are so many styles how exactly are you to determined what would be appropriate for the foot police and what is not?

But what exactly determines what a flip flop is? There are so many styles how exactly are you to determined what would be appropriate for the foot police and what is not?

It's pretty simple, really, every one knows what a flip flop is, no matter how one dresses it up.

I must admit that on my last cruise on CCL I did wear my Old Navy flip flops with my sundresses to the MDR. This is after seeing on a few other CCL cruises what people were wearing and how dressed down people seemed to be. It seemed to be even worse on the shorter lenght cruises rather than the longer ones. I did "dress up" my dress and flip flops with jewelry and I think that helped.

If they make noise whilst running to be first in line for the buffet, it could be a flipflop...

She asked for an opinion, I gave mine. I am well aware of the differences between flip flops and sandals, are you? Most people know flip flops as the thin, beach wear thong flip flops. I'm sure the $400 "flip flops" aren't even technically flip flops, they are probably dressed up sandals.

And I stated mine.... here is a pic of $400 flip flops. I don't think they look like sandals and I accept your aplogies for being wrong in advance :rolleyes:.

crocodileflipflops.jpg

Archived