Carnival Triumph Past, Present, and Future!!!

Carolina,

I'm with you "can't wait to GO!! ordered my RR flasks today and find myself reading on here instead of working...... MY BAD!!! I'm just sooooooo ready for this!! MY husband, daughter & I all work for the same company in the same office. The other two left to visit my grandpa that is not doing so well, 500 miles away while I sit in the office.....no mood to work ready to cruise; :D :D :D this will be our 3rd!!! ONLY PLACE MY HUSBAND CAN GET AWAY FROM 27/7 cell phone!!! haven't started a packing list but need to!!:eek: :eek:

Carolina,

I'm with you "can't wait to GO!! ordered my RR flasks today and find myself reading on here instead of working...... MY BAD!!! I'm just sooooooo ready for this!! MY husband, daughter & I all work for the same company in the same office. The other two left to visit my grandpa that is not doing so well, 500 miles away while I sit in the office.....no mood to work ready to cruise; this will be our 3rd!!! ONLY PLACE MY HUSBAND CAN GET AWAY FROM 27/7 cell phone!!! haven't started a packing list but need to!!

I am on here continuous...

weekends I just leave myself signed in & refresh it every now & then

Everyone at work must think I am just a crazy person

I only talk about my cruises ...

but hey ...my next one for 2009 , I actually talked several other work gals into going with me ;) so I am sure I wont be alone ...

talking and planning after this one :D

I LIVE TO CRUISE !!

Just think ...we will be leaving in approximately 30 more days !!

I am very anxious...

havent been able to sleep very much

This will be our 3rd cruise too :cool:

We did the luggage express and will always do this if offered. We left our luggage out the last night and didn't see it again until we arrived at our home airport.

Hi scwhiner! You just made my night by mentioning that you got to use Luggage Express! I didn't know they had started that on the Triumph! Any details (how much is it, what airlines etc) would be great! I've seen some posts on the service, but not on the Triumph. Yay! :D DH and I are going on the Triumph in Dec (2nd time for me - I went last Dec with my mom - 1st time for him) and can't wait for our first 9A aft wrap balcony!

It was especially nice to see the price drop when we made final payment. Under $1800 total for the two of us with that big ol' balcony! Whoo hoo!

For all you new Triumph cruisers, enjoy. She is truly beautiful (at least in my opinion). I've been on ships anywhere from the Holiday to the Conquest and the Triumph is my favorite. Can't wait to cruise on her again in just 80 days!

we are actually flying to Miami on 10/16....gotta find something to do there......:p

There is tons to do ...

I mean...it is Miami ;)

We are arriving earlier too

staying at Best Western on the Bay ...

hoping to meet up with our roll call cruisers arriving early

at Shuckers for pre cruise cocktails

if you are interested:)

Hoping to do the Beach & the aquarium maybe

and of coarse some shopping :D

maybe lay out at the pool and such

you know ...

Originally Posted by scwhiner :

"We did the luggage express and will always do this if offered. We left our luggage out the last night and didn't see it again until we arrived at our home airport."

I have never heard of Luggage Express. Are you saying that they will take your luggage to the airport for you , for a fee? this sounds great. What are the details?:confused:

Originally Posted by scwhiner :

"We did the luggage express and will always do this if offered. We left our luggage out the last night and didn't see it again until we arrived at our home airport."

I have never heard of Luggage Express. Are you saying that they will take your luggage to the airport for you , for a fee? this sounds great. What are the details?:confused:

Cjar855

Did you find out more about the luggage express?

I also heard that is was available on the Triumph from a previous poster , while I was reading their review.

I think it is a super idea too

If you cant find thread ...or if someone doesnt respond to this ...

I will probably have time this weekend to comb through the reviews again for you .

Hi scwhiner! You just made my night by mentioning that you got to use Luggage Express! I didn't know they had started that on the Triumph! Any details (how much is it, what airlines etc) would be great! I've seen some posts on the service, but not on the Triumph. Yay! :D DH and I are going on the Triumph in Dec (2nd time for me - I went last Dec with my mom - 1st time for him) and can't wait for our first 9A aft wrap balcony!

It was especially nice to see the price drop when we made final payment. Under $1800 total for the two of us with that big ol' balcony! Whoo hoo!

For all you new Triumph cruisers, enjoy. She is truly beautiful (at least in my opinion). I've been on ships anywhere from the Holiday to the Conquest and the Triumph is my favorite. Can't wait to cruise on her again in just 80 days!

Samantha,

This comes right from the Carnival Triumphs capers from Friday night.....I was on the same cruise as schwiner...hope this helps

Flying out of Miami on Sunday? Use luggage Express!

Your boarding pass will be delivered to your room on Saturday night and your luggage sent from your cabin directly to your plane. All you have to do is go to the airport with your hand luggage and go directly to your gate. All for just $20.00 See T.V. channel 21 for full details and sign up at the purser's desk no later than 9:59 tonight (friday night)

Christine

i booked a series of aft balconies -4 in all for our upcoming cruise on march 1st 2009and 4 more on the side .this will be our first family cruise.

can anyone give me more info on the balconies and canins re noise,rocking,and lay out

we are on verandah deck 8434 8435. 8437 8439 8401 8405 8409 8415

i need all pertinent info re theses cabins

are they a good choice /

thanks

michele

Several of us gal-friends plan to take the Triumph from New Orleans when it begins sailing from there....leaving DHs at home......

IF we book soon enough we can pretty much pick our cabins.... 4 think they want a Penthouse since it is midship and sounds nice...... Others may opt for the aft balcony instead of a Penthouse- - for those of you who know these categories -- what do you think?

Any pros or cons that might make a difference -- other than price?

None of us have been on Triumph and I read she is will be in dry dock and spruced up before coming to New Orleans.

Sounds as if some of you are real 'die-hard' Triumph fans!

Thanks for any help you can give.........and if you have links to other Triumph threads that are helpful, please post.

can anyone tell me what to expect ?

I was in an oceanview on the Main deck

but my whole birthday Group of friends

moved their cabins up to the Lido Deck

and I didnt want to be left behind :o

so I took an obstructed view cabin on the Lido

Can anyone give me the good & the bad

on these cabins ?

any pics ?

thanks

Carolina

Do they have tables that will seat 10 people for dinner?? Anyone have any insight on this?

Please and Thank-you:)

yes they do we were on her on 8/31 and we had a table of just our group of 9 and we had on chair left over.

I'm glad I found this thread. We plan on sailing on the Triumph out of Charleston, SC, in May 2009. We've always wanted to go out of Charleston, but it seemed like only NCL cruised out of there and the ship they use seems really old and only has a 3-star rating. I am super excited to sail out of this port because we can drive down there and save tons compared to flying. This time we're bringing our two little boys who will be 3 and 4 at the time of sailing. Our 4 year old is so excited! Another thing that sold us on this particular cruise was that the Triumph was going into drydock and will be getting Seaside Theater amongst other things.

Initially we thought about another cruise out of Miami, but the cost to fly four people, plus the cost of the cruise was a lot more than what we wanted to spend. Anyway, even though it's only a 5-day cruise, I think that's perfectly suitable for our family. I've never been to the Bahams so I am excited. I am a little concerned over some reviews I read about Nassau.

Thanks,

NL

Thanks for posting that I can't read it all but does it say the port order has been reversed?

What will happen to people who have already booked excursions (not through Carnival)?!

Does this apply for the cruise on 30th November? I cannot read that part

Yes, it says that the ports are reversed, and yes, it does apply to the 30th of November. Big hit is leaving Coz much earlier than the original schedule.

Excursions booked outside of Carnival are up to you to get switched.

When is the drydock, and what are the changes/additions?

It is in Dry Dock now and should be back in service this weekend.

Seaside Theater Wi Fi service throughout the ship. and I can't remember what else:o

can anyone tell me what to expect ?

I was in an oceanview on the Main deck

but my whole birthday Group of friends

moved their cabins up to the Lido Deck

and I didnt want to be left behind :o

so I took an obstructed view cabin on the Lido

Can anyone give me the good & the bad

on these cabins ?

any pics ?

thanks

Carolina

We were in an obstructed OV on the Destiny last year and we had to stand on the bed to see outside. Other than that there was no problem. I actually liked the cabin and would stay in one again.

It is in Dry Dock now and should be back in service this weekend.

Seaside Theater Wi Fi service throughout the ship. and I can't remember what else:o

New Carpeting and refurbishing the public areas.

Archived