Emerald at Havensight

Spender Nui

Awoke this AM to a pleasant surprise. We were sailing past the Marriott into Havensight. We are docked between the Carnival Freedom (here before us) and the Carnival Dream (came after us).Of course we expected Crown Bay.

The Oasis and the NVL Sun are at Crown Bay.

Also, directly across from us is a new Senor Frog's which just opened 9 days ago. As a matter of interest I am on their public network.

How exciting. I know so many people detest Jamaica but I truly love the place and would enjoy seeing the new cruise pier.

Enjoy!

I think OP is referring to St Thomas...

Crown Bay was better than I expected, but Havensight is much nicer, easier to get to places overall.

Awoke this AM to a pleasant surprise. We were sailing past the Marriott into Havensight. We are docked between the Carnival Freedom (here before us) and the Carnival Dream (came after us).Of course we expected Crown Bay.

Also, directly across from us is a new Senor Frog's which just opened 9 days ago. As a matter of interest I am on their public network.

I'm also on this cruise. There's a Virgin Islands web site that tells you where you will be docked, Havensight or Crown Bay. I've known for over a month we'd be at Havensight. Maybe someone here can give

you the link as I only have the address at home. Prefer Crown Bay

s the beach we like is much closer.

Senor Frog's is a restaurant on the pier at Havensight. They have an outdoor pool and volleyball court in the sand also.

What is a 'Senor Frog' please?

Just curious!:)

Senior Frog's is a bar/restaurant sort of like Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville.

We're in St thomas. Senor Frog's is a bar/restaurant (think carlos & Charlie's) with a party scene. This particular one has a swimming pool (never seen one before at these places) and a volley ball court. It reminds me of a miniture Grand Turk.

Have to go now. We sail in a half hour and I have to go watch the stragglers runnibg back at the last minute.

We're in St thomas. Senor Frog's is a bar/restaurant (think carlos & Charlie's) with a party scene. This particular one has a swimming pool (never seen one before at these places) and a volley ball court. It reminds me of a miniture Grand Turk.

Have to go now. We're about to sail and I have to go watch the stragglers running back at the last minute.

A "for what it is worth".....last time we were in Havensight, (thought we would be at Crown Bay), one of the shop keepers told us whenever the Oasis was in port, Princess always came to Havensight. The Oasis is too big for Havensight...

No Senior Frogs when we were there. Will look for it the next time.

I much prefer Havensight. A shopkeeper there said the government is pushing Crowne Point to boost that side of town. Who knows? But the HS shops are much nicer and include a H. Sterns which puts DI and others to shame for quality and service.

A "for what it is worth".....last time we were in Havensight, (thought we would be at Crown Bay), one of the shop keepers told us whenever the Oasis was in port, Princess always came to Havensight. The Oasis is too big for Havensight...

No Senior Frogs when we were there. Will look for it the next time.

FYI--

We were on the Ruby in mid-February. BOTH the Oasis and our ship were at Crown Bay. I would have preferred Havensight.

Was on the Ruby in mid January of this year and we were in St. Thomas the same day as the Emerald. Two websites that list the docks for the various ships

vinow and viport both had us scheduled at Crown Bay but we ended up at Havensight and the Emerald went to Crown Bay.

The crew found out about the specific dock the night before and they all seemed to prefer Havensight, in part because of better restaurants within walking distance.

I understand that Carnival has a deal with the island to dock as many ships as possible at Crown Bay. I had also heard that in general when the Oasis is in town, the Princess ships go to Havensight. It is possible that that does not always happen when there are large numbers of cruise ships in port on a particular day.

The Oasis is in St. Thomas on Tuesdays, so anytime a large Princess ship is there that same day, it's at Havensight. Anytime it's there with the QM2, it's at Havensight. Anytime two large Princess ship's are there at the same time, one if them is at Havensight.

Crap, I guess this means we'll be at the other dock when hubby and I sail the CB in May, as we're in St. Thomas on the Monday. While I did get a kick out of seeing all the iguanas over there the first time we visited, this will be our fourth time in St. Thomas and Havensight is definitely more convenient to things (walking distance wise) and has more shops to explore right off the ship. Ah well...

Archived