Is Parasailing worth it??

Misty_Que

I would like to try parasailing but my husband doesn't think it is really worth it, especially for the amount you pay. Can anyone share their experiences and whether or not it is a good excursion?

Also, are the tour operators situated on the beaches there? Can you just walk up and go on, or is this something that has to be booked in advance? I just don't want to pre-book and pay for a tour that I won't want to do if it is windy or raining.

I would like to try parasailing but my husband doesn't think it is really worth it, especially for the amount you pay. Can anyone share their experiences and whether or not it is a good excursion?

Also, are the tour operators situated on the beaches there? Can you just walk up and go on, or is this something that has to be booked in advance? I just don't want to pre-book and pay for a tour that I won't want to do if it is windy or raining.

It was worth it, just once to say we did it. I was in the same boat (pun not intended) my wife wanted to do it, I have an irrational fear of heights. I did it for her, I was glad it was over when we touched back down. My wife loved it and talks about it a lot. So for her happiness it was worth it, and I do have a few pictures to show people.

para1.jpg

Thank you for the photo. It looks breathtaking!! Do you mind anserwing a few questions for me?

How is the take off and landing? Is it very bumpy or rough? I have read you take off and land in the boat, is this true?

The reason I ask is because I am a transplant recipient. I am doing really well, I just want to make sure my body can handle the ride :D

Hi: I have done it several times. I loved it in Hawaii, where it was quite warm and sunny outside. Did not love it in St. Thomas as they were not as professional and the weather was not conducive to optimal enjoyment.

My husband and I loved it. You go up slowly....they put on the straps and put you in the "seat" on the boat. You can request to go very high or not too high. You can also request to land on the boat or to come through the water. I am afraid of heights and afraid of water, so I was careful to make sure they brought me back ON the boat.

You feel like a bird must feel. You are up above, it is very peaceful, you are not moving quickly and you just feel like you are soaring above the world. It really is a wonderful experienc.

Having arranged some costly excursions for our trip on the victory, I found a bargain in St. Maarten for the week of 3/20-27. I found Sunsmile Parasail at Orient Beach. I e mailed him. He was very nice. $100 for two of us to go up tandem. Excellent price. I think it is something you will remember always.

Hi: I have done it several times. I loved it in Hawaii, where it was quite warm and sunny outside. Did not love it in St. Thomas as they were not as professional and the weather was not conducive to optimal enjoyment.

My husband and I loved it. You go up slowly....they put on the straps and put you in the "seat" on the boat. You can request to go very high or not too high. You can also request to land on the boat or to come through the water. I am afraid of heights and afraid of water, so I was careful to make sure they brought me back ON the boat.

You feel like a bird must feel. You are up above, it is very peaceful, you are not moving quickly and you just feel like you are soaring above the world. It really is a wonderful experienc.

Having arranged some costly excursions for our trip on the victory, I found a bargain in St. Maarten for the week of 3/20-27. I found Sunsmile Parasail at Orient Beach. I e mailed him. He was very nice. $100 for two of us to go up tandem. Excellent price. I think it is something you will remember always.

Thank you very much for the description!! Also, thank you for the recommendation. I will definitely check it out! You will have to let me know how you like them!

Hawaii is on my list for our next vacation :D!

I am going on Victory on the 13th, and I have tried to email twice with no response. Do you have an email address you could share? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

You sail on Sunday. Good for you, we leave on the Victory soon ourselves.

I am terrified of heights, I mean terrified.

I went ahead and tried it and it was one of the best experiences I have ever experienced. Can I say that?

Look around you can probably find a good deal.

Thank you for the photo. It looks breathtaking!! Do you mind anserwing a few questions for me?

How is the take off and landing? Is it very bumpy or rough? I have read you take off and land in the boat, is this true?

The reason I ask is because I am a transplant recipient. I am doing really well, I just want to make sure my body can handle the ride :D

Sorry, I forgot to check back to this thread. It was a nice weather day so I'm sure that helped. The people here seemed experienced so they made the take off and landing very smooth, while at the same time pretending to accidently left our feet dangle into the water on the way down. They did have a sizable take off and landing platform at the back of the boat.

PS, if you look at my legs in the picture and can read body language, you probalby can recognize paralyzing fear.

I am going on Victory on the 13th, and I have tried to email twice with no response. Do you have an email address you could share? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

I am furious. I e mailed him to remind him of our committment and after two days he responded saying his boat is in maintenance and he can't take us. He said there are two other parasail people at the beach, no reservation required.

I was not happy with that so contacted Shore Trips and they don't do parasail on Saturdays, the day we will be there. I am beside myself and am not sure what we will decide.

Archived