Diabetic Late Nite

Is it possible to take a banana or cheerios from the WJ and keep it in the room for emergency purposes ?

Of course.

Or you could have them delivered regularly by room service. Or just about anything else you desire.

I bring back boxes of Cereal, fruit; yogurt and milk for my DD all the time. Never a problem. I have the cabin steward get a large bucket of ice that I can put milk and yogurt in. We put it in the mini bar. They are great at making sure that the Ice is changed morning and night. This works great for keeping it cold.

Lisa

Johneeo,

Room service charges a service fee after midnight, even if all you order is a glass of tea. You have to watch your account if you order close to midnight. I ordered some cookies about 11:30 PM but they weren't delivered until a few minutes after midnight. I was charged the service fee. I think it was $3.95.

cruisercrazy69,

You can take whatever you want from WJ, but you might want to hide your food stash in the fridge or cupboard. I've taken apples or cookies back to the cabin for later and left them on the desk. The room steward threw them away. :( I haven't had problems with food placed out of sight.

I usually take a box of frosted mini wheats when I go on shore. It is a quick, portable snack for us...I rarely eat a meal when off ship, just my personal choice.

You probably already know this...dont take fruit off the ship when you return to the US port...Customs officers can occasional wreck your day!!!!

I always try to keep a little bag of nuts in my purse also. It's hard to predict when you may start to feel your glucose drop.

Agreed. Nuts are a healthy and fairly low-carb snack, perfect for diabetics. I also like the high-fiber bars and they are easy to put in purse or carry-on for excursions. :)

Also, there is generally fruit available all day long at the Cafe Promenade (or similar snack place, for ships that don't have Cafe Promenade). No problem at all with taking something like that back to your room for later.

nuts are protein, a diabetic going hypoglycemic needs carbs, that's why I always bring Tang, peanut butter and cracker packs, and Twizzlers onboard for DH. And remember that alcohol also lowers blood sugar, DH has seizured twice in the middle of the night on 2 seperate cruises and I was glad to use the Glucagon kit on him then pour Tang down his throat followed by the crackers.

Archived