What's Delish in Tuscan Grill?

4Grandcats

The Celebrity website lists menus for all their specialty restaurants. i already made reservations for Tuscan Grill on the Solstice.

The menu looks overwhelming. How have you ordered in the past? Could we split a kobe beef meatball dish and each order a meat entree?

So many courses - you must be stuffed by the end.....what a problem to have.:

We were just on the Eclipse last week and really enjoyed our meal in the Tuscan Grille. The focaccia bread and antipasti tray that come before your meal are outstanding. The caesar salad was great, and the grilled sea bass entree was excellent... and my husband thought his filet was one of the best he's had anywhere; he also enjoyed his lump crab appetizer, too; we split most of our meal except for the main dishes... I didn't want to share. Whatever you order, I am sure you will enjoy. One thing our waiter mentioned; the soups are VERY filling and he advised us not to order that as it would fill us up too much.

I would guess you could split the Kobe meatball; just ask and the staff there is very accommodating!

Filet mignon is great, but I really loved the mixed grill. You get a small veal medallion, lamb chop, a surprisingly tasty piece of chicken and an Italian sausage that is absolutely out of this world.

I also recommend the crabmeat appetizer and the Caesar salad. The calamari is okay.

When we were on the Equinox in '09, the calamari was to die for. I am on her again in 2 months and have been dreaming of it. (I always get extra of the garlic dip that comes w/ it!) It is way too nummy!:D

Was on the eclipse last week and the Tuscan Grille is my favourite. I would advise not finishing every course because you will be SO full at the end, they will bring an order of a pasta dish or whatever to share for the table if you ask but it is alot of food no matter what you order! The marble creme brulee is fabulous, so is the fondue

The Celebrity website lists menus for all their specialty restaurants. i already made reservations for Tuscan Grill on the Solstice.

The menu looks overwhelming. How have you ordered in the past? Could we split a kobe beef meatball dish and each order a meat entree?

So many courses - you must be stuffed by the end.....what a problem to have.:

We ate at the Tuscan Grill 3 times on our Med/TA cruise last year. We loved everything!!! They will do almost anything you want, within reason. The food and service were excellent!!! After that cruise, we just recently did a Caribbean cruise on the Constellation and we had Mustafa, from the Solstice, as our "adviser" in the new Tuscan Grill. We ate there twice. Fantastic!!!! He arranged for a special request our second night and everything was fabulous!!!

When we were on the Equinox in '09, the calamari was to die for. I am on her again in 2 months and have been dreaming of it. (I always get extra of the garlic dip that comes w/ it!) It is way too nummy!:D

Oooh, I had completely forgotten about that garlic dip!! Sooo good.

OP - sounds like you are a meat eater, but the eggplant parmesan is to die for!!! It is covered in layer after layer of hot, gooey cheese, and is delicious. We got it to share as an app last year, but this year I will be ordering one for myself. My mouth is watering just thinking about it...

Do not order the Rib-eye! They sent me two different ones and each one was fatty and lots of sinew. I finally ordered a Filet and it was one of the best I ever had. The meatballs are great, Caesar Salad was good and the Chocolate Fondue was wonderful, so save room.

Hi Just off the Solstice. Loved Tuscan Grill. My husband and I had the rib eye and it was fabulous. We have eaten out all over the US and had the best steak ever at Bern's steakhouse in Tampa but this was the 2nd best.

On the second night I had the best veal parm. ever- very tender veal. We both wanted to try the Kobi meatballs so they added it to our entree. Delicious!!! Very large portions. I also loved the salad with the fried goat cheese. Yes, the calamari was excellent. Enjoy your meal and the beautiful ship.

We loved our meal at Tuscan on the Equinox a couple of weeks ago - probably our favorite meal of the cruise. Do not miss the onion soup - it is quite different from traditional onion soup and some of the best I've ever had. The focaccia in the bread basket was the only decent bread we had on the whole ship. DH had the meatball with pappardelle for his second course and it was divine - they bring a smallish portion if you order it as a secondo so no worries, you will be able to eat it and still have room for your mains.

For entrees, DH had the ribeye and while there was a lot of fat (this is to be expected with ribeye - fat is a mark of high-quality beef and ribeye is a naturally fatty cut - if you don't like it just cut it off), it was tender, flavorful and absolutely delicious. I had the sea bass and it was a bit overcooked, but they would have brought me something else if I'd asked - I was too full to bother. The pecorino mac and cheese that comes with the ribeye was possibly the best thing I ate the entire cruise (they subbed it as a side for my entree too upon request). It was so rich and creamy I couldn't even finish it! The marbled creme brulee was our favorite dessert of the cruise as well. Can't wait to go back and try the things we missed!

Thanks all! I'm drooling all over my keyboard. Can't wait! I love eggplant parmesan and calamari - and everything else you mentioned. Guess we'll have to make some hard choices - or add another night!

Laurel

Thanks all! I'm drooling all over my keyboard. Can't wait! I love eggplant parmesan and calamari - and everything else you mentioned. Guess we'll have to make some hard choices - or add another night!

Laurel

I vote for add another night if you can! Enjoy!

After the antipasti they brought to the table, 3 of us had the arugula salad with goat cheese, which was to die for, and the 4th had the incredible calamari. We all asked for small portions of various pastas for our next course. Some of us had spaghetti bolognese, delicious, and others had the kobe meatballs, which they loved. Three of us has the ribeye for the main, which was unfortunately disappointing, but the one of us who had the filet said it was outstanding.

For dessert we shared a chocolate fondue and a creme brulee. Both delicious!

We were just on the Eclipse last week and really enjoyed our meal in the Tuscan Grille. The focaccia bread and antipasti tray that come before your meal are outstanding. The caesar salad was great, and the grilled sea bass entree was excellent... and my husband thought his filet was one of the best he's had anywhere; he also enjoyed his lump crab appetizer, too; we split most of our meal except for the main dishes... I didn't want to share. Whatever you order, I am sure you will enjoy. One thing our waiter mentioned; the soups are VERY filling and he advised us not to order that as it would fill us up too much.

I would guess you could split the Kobe meatball; just ask and the staff there is very accommodating!

STOP IT!!! I have 3+ months till on Solstice & trying to lose a few lbs so I can regain on the cruise :) I'm soo hungry after reading this thread. Last time on Solstice we tried Murano which was outstanding for foo, wine & service. Tuscan is definitly on the list for June.

Carole

Archived