AAK! ES rate gone in cat I wanted :(

rach1fun

I am hoping to go on a Southern Carribbean Cruise in October. Would love to have a balcony, but dont know if it is possible for us... Waiting to book until we get our taxes done. I didnt realize ES prices could go away before the time for ES was done :( Now my chances of talking DH into the nicer balcony stateroom are even less! We had an interior for our honeymoon cruise, would love to "upgrade"....

So am I assuming right that they only sell a certain number of ES staterooms, and then increase the price after that?? Bummer!

Don't try to figure it out. There is no rhyme or reason behind how they do it. They remove ES for certain categories, even if there are tons of rooms left. I think they just throw darts to determine what doesn't get ES.:rolleyes: But it does seem to be happening more often now. If it is a popular sailing or the category is selling quick, I can understand them removing ES early. But that hasn't always been the case.

I am hoping to go on a Southern Carribbean Cruise in October. Would love to have a balcony, but dont know if it is possible for us... Waiting to book until we get our taxes done. I didnt realize ES prices could go away before the time for ES was done :( Now my chances of talking DH into the nicer balcony stateroom are even less! We had an interior for our honeymoon cruise, would love to "upgrade"....

So am I assuming right that they only sell a certain number of ES staterooms, and then increase the price after that?? Bummer!

You've guessed right. Like the airlines, Carnival has a certain percentage of cabins made available at that low, low fare. When they're gone, they're gone.

That being said, keep checking up until the 5 month deadline. If sales on that ship slow down or drop off, they might re-instate it again.

You must buy when you find a good fare. Carnival (and others) can change their fares several times a day. They have rooms full of people doing nothing but inventory control who change fares based on almost minute by minute changes.

Archived