Should I order a second bottle?!?

agc291

I ordered a bottle of Jim Beam from BV a couple of months back and she called it a litre... When I have gotten a handle at the liquor store theye called it a liter before but it says on it 1.75L. My ? is what size are the actual bottles from BV? It is a liter like half of a 2 liter bottle of soda or is it a handle? We need to know the size so that we can decide whether one bottle will be enough! Thanks!

order the second bottle, you can always bring it home, if there is any left over.

It most likely will be 1 ltr, not 1.75. You can order the second bottle as flounder suggests, or you can order another bottle from Room Service while on board. Just be sure to be in your room for delivery. You have to sign for it. It will be the same price as BV.

I guess it really depends on how much you intend to drink. A liter is a liter - two liters makes a two liter of soda. I had a hard time wrapping my brain around what size the bottles were, so I went to the store and looked at bottles.

Based on that research, I ordered four bottles for our week long cruise. :)

It most likely will be 1 ltr, not 1.75. You can order the second bottle as flounder suggests, or you can order another bottle from Room Service while on board. Just be sure to be in your room for delivery. You have to sign for it. It will be the same price as BV.

I did not know that! We always order from BV. Thanks for the handy info!

If you want the "handles" amount call bac k and order another. :) I have heard........rumors here that not all the ships will let you get another bottle for your room. A quick call and you know you have the amouint wanted and not have to take a chance. ;)

Have a GREAT cruise!

Kat

I ordered a bottle of Jim Beam from BV a couple of months back and she called it a litre... When I have gotten a handle at the liquor store theye called it a liter before but it says on it 1.75L. My ? is what size are the actual bottles from BV? It is a liter like half of a 2 liter bottle of soda or is it a handle? We need to know the size so that we can decide whether one bottle will be enough! Thanks!

Order the bottle, if you have some left on your last day, invite some of your closest new friends up for a drink..............:D We are doing this same cruise in May....have a blast make sure you post details.

I think you can order as many as you want, but remember, a liter is almost 34 oz's. I don't know you alcohol drinking habits, but you can get a lot of drinks from 1 liter.

If you are driving to the port, you can always bring leftovers home.

As far as mixers, you can bring some in your carry on...Crystal Lights (or faux), also work great and easy and light to carry on.

I did not know that! We always order from BV. Thanks for the handy info!

Not sure but I believe they add 15% gratuity to the liquor ordered from room service. So that $40 bottle just became $46 plus a buck or two for the delivery person. So $40 if you order ahead of time, $48 if you order it on the boat. I suppose 8 bucks isn't a big deal though.

I think you can order as many as you want, but remember, a liter is almost 34 oz's. I don't know you alcohol drinking habits, but you can get a lot of drinks from 1 liter.

If you are driving to the port, you can always bring leftovers home.

As far as mixers, you can bring some in your carry on...Crystal Lights (or faux), also work great and easy and light to carry on.

Is it just one size bottle? Can you order the smaller pints? :confused:

Does Room Service charge the 15 % add on deal ? ? Last cruise I ordered via BV Dept. The bottles were in the cabin before sailaway. They did charge San Diego sales tax.

As a 20 year veteran professional bartender I can tell you a couple facts that may help you out. Most bars in the US buy one liter bottles (full liter.) Most liquor stores sell .750l bottles (small, or referred to as a fifth) or the ever popular cost saver, the 1.75 (or handle.) The main reason bars have a different size than what you can buy at home is because as a standard practice bars buy from wholesalers only, and are not allowed to buy at a retail outlet, and then resell that product. Liquor liscenses are very particular about these practices, and it helps ATF and municipalities keep a closer eye on retailers vs. bars. Another thing to consider is that you can comfortably get 18-22 "normal" strength drinks from a liter, versus 15-18 from a .750l bottle...hope that helps you.

Scott

As a 20 year veteran professional bartender I can tell you a couple facts that may help you out. Most bars in the US buy one liter bottles (full liter.) Most liquor stores sell .750l bottles (small, or referred to as a fifth) or the ever popular cost saver, the 1.75 (or handle.) The main reason bars have a different size than what you can buy at home is because as a standard practice bars buy from wholesalers only, and are not allowed to buy at a retail outlet, and then resell that product. Liquor liscenses are very particular about these practices, and it helps ATF and municipalities keep a closer eye on retailers vs. bars. Another thing to consider is that you can comfortably get 18-22 "normal" strength drinks from a liter, versus 15-18 from a .750l bottle...hope that helps you.

Scott

That does help, but I don't want to buy that many liters of different liquor brands for a cabin crawl. I like to be a good host, but my hypocracy only goes so far. Does BV sell you smaller bottles? :confused::confused:

Scott

Here in Oregon the bars have to get their liquor from the liquor store just like anyone else. Bars do get a 5% discount.:confused: The only wholesaler used is by the state. The only time I see a liter is when I am on a cruise

@PDXJS-thats def the exception to the general rule! I have now bartended so long that when I pour drinks at home it feels wierd to have the smaller bottle

@latinhoney FREE SAMPLES? It would be great market research...and I have come up with some cherrt bourbon martinis and such with Red Stag..ppl seem to like them, it makes a great manhattan too.... :)

5 bikini's don't take up much room :D

HA!! exactly! Im a very tiny young woman.. I dont need much. I can take a LOT of bathing suits, a couple pairs of shorts, tank tops, a couple of nicer clothes ( still debating formal night) and a couple pairs of sandals/ flats. Ill wear my tennis shoes so they wont take room. Hopefully I wont need much else:cool:

Archived