Excursions with 16 month old

Winemyst

We're planning to cruise on Allure with our 16 mon old in November (she'll be 16 months by then). We're fully aware of what we are doing, so I don't need anybody to tell me we're crazy. We are planning on a laid back go with the flow week, that being said, I'm not sure what our best options in port will be.

I cruised when I was pregnant to St. Thomas, we caught a taxi did an island tour and shopping. My husband have never been and would like to do an island tour. We'd also like some beach time for the little one to run around and play. My concern is, if I remember correctly the taxis are all open air bench seats, fine for us, not so sure about a 16 month old. So here are my many questions

Are there any van taxis?

Can we bring a car seat?

What is the best beach for little ones?

are royal caribbean tours in vans or open air taxis?

Would Coral world be a good option for us?

if we can't do it all, thats ok because we'll be back someday.

There are van type taxis although you might have trouble getting one. Seat belts are sometimes in the van taxis, sometimes not. The seat belt law in the VI is front seat only. Goggle the VI taxi folks and see if you can pre book a specific driver. It will cost more, but you might be lucky and get a good driver.I think your toddler would be too young for Coral World, waste of money. Try Secret Harbour beach . The West Indians use the open vans all the time and never seem to have any problem with small children in them, but I understand your concern. When we lived in the VI our visiting grandchildren did not use car seats, just tight seat belts and holding tight parents! Enjoy your cruise:)

B.

I can't imagine dealing with a car seat, nor finding a taxi that even has the rear straps to affix one (or a driver with the patience to wait for you to hook one up)! I've been through this with my DD when she was a girl (maybe 7 or 8) and rejected cab after cab in Cozumel because they had cut out the rear seat belts entirely. You might want to contact either Godfrey or Sunny Liston - they have mini vans and since they stay with you all day even when you are at the beach you could likely bring a car seat and be covered for the whole day.

Archived