1st Time on Allure-Please Help

Can someone let me know if past cruise compasses posted here are pretty much standard as far as Rita's Fiesta and formal nights are concerned? My husband and I are sailing 7/24/11 Eastern Caribbean. Any idea when I can book excursions, shows and specialty dining online? Does that include Rita's Fiesta also? I called RCI and the woman on the phone said she never heard of Rita's Fiesta, only Cantina?? Thanks in advance!

Rita's Cantina is the name of the restaurant and once or twice a week they have a 'Fiesta' which is a set menu, 3 drinks included in the price and lots of music and dancing for $20. You can book the fiesta without the drinks for $10. I think you can book restaurants 90 days before the cruise but I'm not sure as I only booked my cruise 6 weeks in advance. The menus vary from east to west and the formal nights are 2 and 5 for western and 2 and 6 for eastern.

Can someone let me know if past cruise compasses posted here are pretty much standard as far as Rita's Fiesta and formal nights are concerned? My husband and I are sailing 7/24/11 Eastern Caribbean. Any idea when I can book excursions' date=' shows and specialty dining online? Does that include Rita's Fiesta also? I called RCI and the woman on the phone said she never heard of Rita's Fiesta, only Cantina?? Thanks in advance![/quote']

We were able to book entertainment on February 15th for our June 5th Western (110 days in advance).

Rita's fiesta package is the one for Adults only (alcohol included) for $20.00

Rita's fiesta is the one to sign up for for the kids (without alcohol) for $10.00

All the reservations for your family will be under your reservation number.

Sailed Allure on Jan 23rd. Was able to book shows, specialty resturaunts, and shore excursions in Nov. this was about 90 days; sometimes u can book shore excursions as much as 100 days prior. Good luck; Rita's was great; we ate there on Sunday right after we boarded the ship. You get a lot of food for your money.

So you can't book shows or specialty dining until the cruise is paid in full?? If you book specialty dining online do you pre-pay with a credit card or just use one as a guarantee? Thanks for the info!

So you can't book shows or specialty dining until the cruise is paid in full?

Not in our case. The Paid In Full date for us is March 8th. Many on our Roll Call booked enterainment reservations beginning February 14 (111 days out). I did mine on February 15.

See posts on our roll call starting with post number #337: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1245667&page=2

Archived