Flying into MIA Departing from Port Everglades (FLL)

Cras108er

I know this question has probably been asked before, but we are flying into Miami (tickets are cheaper than FLL) and departing from Port Everglades (FLL). What is the best way for two people to get from the airport to the port? About how much should we expect to pay? We are partial to Hampton Inns. Is there one (or something comparable) near the terminal in FLL? Thanks.

Cheapest and easiest is probably to rent a car from MIA to FLL. It's only a 45 minute drive and this will allow you the ability to shop and dine where you desire in either city or along the way.

A taxi will cost you $85+ :eek: depending upon your hotel choice. Super Shuttle is another option for about $40 per person. Limo/car service is another option - Larry's Limos has been suggested for Miami Service.

Unless your flight into MIA is arriving very late, you are probably better off staying in the FLL area - hotels there are generally cheaper than in Miami. Look for hotels near the FLL airport or in the downtown/17th street area - every hotel chain seems to be there, along with lots of shopping and dining options.

If you decide to stay near MIA and travel to Port Everglades the next day then cruiseline shuttle service is another (expensive :() option. The Embassy Suites near MIA is often suggested on these boards, along with hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA - free MIA airport shuttles and shopping and dining options within walking distance (across the street from the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon).

Good luck! :)

My DH and I have the same plans. We are flying into MIA the day before the cruise and cruising out of Port Everglades. After reading the suggestions and experiences of other cruisers, we decided to catch the Tri-Rail from MIA. I spoke with an agent from Tri-Rail for the details. From MIA, we go to the lower level baggage area and a rep/shuttle will be available to take you to the train a few minutes away. We are going to take it to the Fort Lauderdale airport and the hotel we are staying, Sleep Inn of Dania, will pick us up. Cost for transportation is $3.75 per person. This may take more time than catching a cab/shuttle and we weren't interested in renting a car. It's just DH and I going and we are not in a rush to get anywhere and have plenty of time to spare--besides, I think it might be fun to take the rail! (We'll see...) Sleep Inn will transport us to the port the next morning. Due to time, we are arranging transportation with QLS Transportation to pick us up from Port Everglades and transport back to MIA for $35.00 per person.

We chose Sleep Inn because of all the good reviews and the fact they offer the complimentary shuttle service. It's nothing fancy but clean and convenient and accomodating-- all for under $85 per night.

There are so many options available, but this is the one we chose. Have a great cruise, we' re looking forward to ours!

Archived