Souvenier Thermal Mug Picture?

poffles

Anyone have a photo of what the souvenier thermal mugs sold on the ship look like? Assuming you can buy these in the gift shop but wondering if they are worth it.

I am assuming you are talking about the mug that comes with the soda program, right?

I don't have a picture, but they were blue with a Pepsi logo on them. I do not believe that you can purchase that particular mug in the gift shop. Truthfully, the mug wasn't all that handy, since everytime we had them with us and ordered a soda, it was just brought to us by the glass. (And the glasses aren't very big, so if you are a big soda drinker,you will keep the bar staff running and they don't get the auto-grautity added if you have the soda program). Antyime you go to a bar or the java cafe for a soda, you can only get one glass at a time. That doesn't fit into my definition of "unlimited" fountain soda, but that was my experience this past November on the Dawn. I went to java cafe to get some soda and bring it back to the room. I could only get one glass. That is one of my pet peeves with the soda program. The other is that if you have a room with a mini-fridge, you still have to purchase the sodas in the can and pay the 15% gratuity. :mad:

Fountain soda is cheap - I think they should just put those self-serve fountains in different areas around the ship and it would save ALOT of running for the bar staff. Just my opinion.

I am assuming you are talking about the mug that comes with the soda program, right?

I don't have a picture, but they were blue with a Pepsi logo on them. I do not believe that you can purchase that particular mug in the gift shop. Truthfully, the mug wasn't all that handy, since everytime we had them with us and ordered a soda, it was just brought to us by the glass. (And the glasses aren't very big, so if you are a big soda drinker,you will keep the bar staff running and they don't get the auto-grautity added if you have the soda program). Antyime you go to a bar or the java cafe for a soda, you can only get one glass at a time. That doesn't fit into my definition of "unlimited" fountain soda, but that was my experience this past November on the Dawn. I went to java cafe to get some soda and bring it back to the room. I could only get one glass. That is one of my pet peeves with the soda program. The other is that if you have a room with a mini-fridge, you still have to purchase the sodas in the can and pay the 15% gratuity. :mad:

Fountain soda is cheap - I think they should just put those self-serve fountains in different areas around the ship and it would save ALOT of running for the bar staff. Just my opinion.

Not what I was thinking, I was assuming (hoping) that they would have an NCL thermal mug of some sort that we could use for water use. Not doing the soda program because we are coke drinkers, and if a mug with Pepsi on the side is the only thing they sell then I guess we will have to get something before boarding. That sucks :(

On the Disney ship the soda was included in the cruise cost (paid for a few times over in the higher cruise cost LOL) and looking back I didn't really drink a lot of soda and the soda fountains were handy. Basically drank it with lunch or supper but not any other time so the cost of the soda program really wouldn't be worth it in the end for me. I'd rather pay for it if/when I want it.

Archived