RCCL insurance any good?

texasnana

Trying to decide to use RCCL insurance. The gal there said i could add anytime and it would include pre existing conditions up to the final payment. I have never heard this. Usually you have to buy 14 days after making reservation. Also she said it covers 10,000 medical and 20,000 emergency( i guess helcopter to get you off the ship???) Basically the other items of the policy the same. The cost for both of us was going to be 118.00 for a week.

Is this a good deal?? I usually use an outside agency.

I haven't read this policy, but from what you write, I don't think it's a good deal. IMO, the medical/evacuation coverage isn't nearly enough. For less than what you're being charged, we get far more coverage using Travelguard. Suggest you compare this policy with others on insuremytrip.com before purchasing.

Don't always believe what a representative tells you on the phone. Read it yourself first.

The gal there said i could add anytime and it would include pre existing conditions up to the final payment. I have never heard this.

The gal is wrong. RCI's insurance does not cover pre-existing conditions under any circumstances at any time.

It's true that they have a fairly consumer-friendly definition of what is and what is not a pre-existing condition but that's not the same thing. If you have a pre-existing condition as defined by the policy's wording then there is no way to get coverage for that condition no matter when you buy the policy.

$20,000 isn't much evac coverage... if you are cruising to Western Europe or Alaska, it's fine. But to any place without decent hospitals? $20k probably is not nearly enough for a full-service emergency evac.

Archived