Information about Nynäshamn

We will arrive via the Regal Princess on Saturday, 29 August 2015. When the tender brings us to the coast, will your cottage with information be nearby? Is the train station still a 10-20 minute walk? And, do they have a different schedule on Saturdays?

Back in your original post in 2011, you mentioned a shuttle bus. Is that still in operation? If so, how does that work?

Thank you

Sue

We will arrive via the Regal Princess on Saturday, 29 August 2015. When the tender brings us to the coast, will your cottage with information be nearby? Is the train station still a 10-20 minute walk? And, do they have a different schedule on Saturdays?

Back in your original post in 2011, you mentioned a shuttle bus. Is that still in operation? If so, how does that work?

Thank you

Sue

Hi Sue,

The cottage will be right next to where you get off from your tender boats. You can´t miss it :)

A local shuttle bus runs the whole day since you will be arriving on Regal Princess (which we consider to be a big ship). Tickets are 30 SEK and can be bought from the Tourist Information Office by the cruise ship pier. The tickets are valid the whole day. Walking takes about 10-15 minutes (1,3 km); follow the blue line on the pavement.

You can see a map here: http://kartor.eniro.se/m/sdZWT

Please note that this bus is not in any way related to the 24 hour ticket/card or Stockholm Public Transport.

Unfortunately I believe that the trains will only run once every hour the 29th of August. People in Nynäshamn are still fighting to keep trains going twice every hour during Sat-Sun in August but Stockholm Public Transport system are having money problems so cut backs are hitting us hard. :(

I will get back to you and update our website at http://www.visitnynashamn.se/cruise as soon as I have more information.

Isn't there a ferry from the port to Nynashamn or am I messing up my ports?!

Hi,

I believe you are traveling with Regal Princess to Nynäshamn the 18th of July 2015?

Then you will arrive to Nynäshamn and there are no ferries to Stockholm.

Hello,

We will be docking in Nynashamn for the day. My husband will have a folding wheelchair but can walk short distances. Is the port wheelchair accessible? Is any of the public transportation to Stockholm accessible? Will we have any trouble getting a taxi - the wheelchair should fit in the car trunk/boot - We don't need a special van.

Thank you!

Hello,

Is any of the public transportation to Stockholm accessible? Will we have any trouble getting a taxi - the wheelchair should fit in the car trunk/boot - We don't need a special van.

Thank you!

Public transport will not be a problem. Select Transport accessibility on the link below for more info.

http://sl.se/en/getting-around/

I also don't think there will be any problems with taxis.

Hello,

We will be docking in Nynashamn for the day. My husband will have a folding wheelchair but can walk short distances. Is the port wheelchair accessible? Is any of the public transportation to Stockholm accessible? Will we have any trouble getting a taxi - the wheelchair should fit in the car trunk/boot - We don't need a special van.

Thank you!

Hi,

The port is wheelchair accessible. You can get into our tourist information and to the toilet. The public transportation is also accessible and taxis are not a problem either.

Please be aware of that the taxis can charge you very different. Please be sure to get the price before you enter the taxi.

Welcome to Nynäshamn, Sweden!

Taxi information 2015.pdf