Trying to do a last min cruise with out a passport

bc0508

I know me and my wife should get passports but we dont have time now... We are trying to go on March 26

We are going on cruise that leaves from Ft lauderdale and coming back to the same..

I talked to the lady from the cruise line and she told me

Drivers license and birth cert. we have all that but my wifes has her maiden name on the birth cert and married on the license I have the certified marriage license too..

I am worried we will be denied boarding.

Since we go to

Fort Lauderdale

Grand Cayman

Roatan

Cozumel

Princess Cays

That makes me feel better. I was planning on doing only ship sponsored excursions since they told me the ship with not leave you if you are a ship sponsored. So we should not get left or need to fly.

That makes me feel better. I was planning on doing only ship sponsored excursions since they told me the ship with not leave you if you are a ship sponsored. So we should not get left or need to fly.

Just don't forget your documentation. To be on the safe side, also take copies that you carry in a separate place....... Have a wonderful cruise!!!!

Oh that is a great idea I will scan them and put on my phone.. Print a few copies and put in the camera back and other bags we will have with us ... Thanks for the suggestions.

It's actually not too late to get a passport, if you're willing to do some extra work and/or spend some extra money.

If you can get to a National Passport Information Center office:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/agencies/agencies_913.html

You can get a passport in person, provided you have all of the required documentation.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/schedule/schedule_852.html

As a previous poster said, make sure you have Certified Copies of your birth certificates and your Drivers Licenses. My wife did NOT need to show a marriage certificate, just to list her maiden name on the application.

I know me and my wife should get passports but we dont have time now... We are trying to go on March 26

We are going on cruise that leaves from Ft lauderdale and coming back to the same..

I talked to the lady from the cruise line and she told me

Drivers license and birth cert. we have all that but my wifes has her maiden name on the birth cert and married on the license I have the certified marriage license too..

I am worried we will be denied boarding.

Since we go to

Fort Lauderdale

Grand Cayman

Roatan

Cozumel

Princess Cays

Have you ever cruised before? You do know that most US Health Insurance policies will not cover you outside the US? It's not too late to get trip insurance! Just be prepared. Happy cruising!

There are only a few that will cover pre-existing condtions when booked after about 10 days from first date of deposit. If you want insurance and have a medical condition, check their terms for pre-existing coverage.

Archived