carseat from hotel in tampa to port??

reallyexcited

we were not planning on brining our car seat on the ship. we are staying at a hotel in tampa near the port and will take the hotel shuttle to the port. Will I need a car seat for my 2 year old or can he just sit on the shuttle??

We are sailing out of Tampa in Jan and staying at a local hotel. We will be bringing car seat and booster for our boys, to be used just as we do at home. There are lots of conversations about this topic (just do a search), however to sum it up briefly there are two schools of thought. One is that it is ok to use one-time transportation without the restraints you normally use at home. The other is to use whatever restraints you normally use wherever you go, regardless of the inconvenience. I am in the latter camp.

If using a car seat is important to you, bring your own. Never (and I mean never!) trust a car rental/transportation company to provide an appropriate restraint that is recall-free, installed correctly and appropriate for your child. There is too much room for error. The other thing to consider is how would you feel if the shuttle was in a collision and your child was injured. Some people are ok with this, I am not. Older children can be safe riding in a bus or other forms of public transportation, because they are designed to protect passengers of a variety of ages. Vans and cars are not, and children need an appropriate restraint.

Archived