Spa experience

A Swedish massage is a firm but gentle technique to reduce muscle tension. It also applies pressure to the muscles to relax them, followed by long, finishing strokes, and then by tapping the body (picture the cartoon wherein someone was getting karate chopped across the body -- not that severe, but along those lines).

Reflexology has to deal with the nerves in the feet and hands. Each nerve ending in your feet and/or hands correlates to a part of your body. The therapist will put pressure points on those nerve endings to promote relaxation and well being.

A Swedish massage is a firm but gentle technique to reduce muscle tension. It also applies pressure to the muscles to relax them, followed by long, finishing strokes, and then by tapping the body (picture the cartoon wherein someone was getting karate chopped across the body -- not that severe, but along those lines).

Reflexology has to deal with the nerves in the feet and hands. Each nerve ending in your feet and/or hands correlates to a part of your body. The therapist will put pressure points on those nerve endings to promote relaxation and well being.

Philli Chick reflexology is wonderful

Here's another vote for reflexology. Absolutely love it, for purely feeling pampered. I don't know if does all the psuedo-medicinal stuff it claims, but it sure feels good.

Only problem is, I feel like I must have a fresh mani/pedi before an appointmet.

I wasn't sure if they were offering this on Allure, when I looked it up it only showed Oasis. Does anyone know for sure if they offer it on Allure, it seems you cannot book that or the swedish massage online like the other spa treatments at least not yet. I am sailing May 15 and my wife loves those two treatments.

I wasn't sure if they were offering this on Allure, when I looked it up it only showed Oasis. Does anyone know for sure if they offer it on Allure, it seems you cannot book that or the swedish massage online like the other spa treatments at least not yet. I am sailing May 15 and my wife loves those two treatments.

(Hola Family ;)) I'm interested in a deep tissue massage. The swedish massages are usually too gentle for me. If you are someone who does alot of exercise, weight lifting, running, etc, then I would go for deep tissue before swedish. It's a "hurt so good" kind. Hopefully they will offer this as well as some nice discounts and specials.

Archived