Just a tip RE: embarkation photos!

missingmaui

I can't verify if all ports are the same, but at the Port of New Orleans, the embarkation photo is taken in front of a green screen. Don't wear a green shirt, or a shirt with lots of green in it! The photo was really cute, but my torso is missing because the green shirt I was wearing blended in with the green screen. :o

I'm sure veteran cruisers know this, but I'd never seen it mentioned and I didn't even think about the backdrop. Hopefully I can save a new cruiser from my rookie mistake. :)

One of our friends wore a green shirt and her family picture showed her floating head. They fill in the background digitally, so her body wasn't there at all. Her head was just floating on the background image.

That would be something I would do. Good one!...

Too funny.. So funny that I am thinking of entirely green outfits for all of us - floating heads anyone? I usually skip all photos, but floating heads may make it buyable...

Robin

I can't verify if all ports are the same, but at the Port of New Orleans, the embarkation photo is taken in front of a green screen. Don't wear a green shirt, or a shirt with lots of green in it! The photo was really cute, but my torso is missing because the green shirt I was wearing blended in with the green screen. :o

I'm sure veteran cruisers know this, but I'd never seen it mentioned and I didn't even think about the backdrop. Hopefully I can save a new cruiser from my rookie mistake. :)

My advice is to tell the photographers you are in the witness protection program and can't have your picture taken. Then keep walking.

How horrible. I work at a professional color lab and one of my jobs is to extract the greenscreen and replace it with the background. I spend my days drawing people in that are wearing green. The worst for me is when little girls have those green curly ribbons in their hair, that's next to impossible to replace.

I would love to see the picture. Can you scan it and post it here?:D

I didn't buy it. :cool: At $14.95 for a 6x8, I figured it wasn't worth it- no matter how great our heads looked!

For future cruises we probably won't have so many pictures taken. This was our first cruise and we realized how hard it is to say "No, Thanks!" and put the pictures back in the glass case. $200 later, we have a lot of pictures that I love but certainly don't need...

All you had to do is point it out to them and they can fix it. Both my son and DIL had green on and you could see the ship clearly through Erins green jacket. Told them I didn't want it because of it and they told me to come back that evening and they would have it done. Looks perfect!

I think that is funny.

We of course walk around them and do not waste their time or ours. But, that is funny!

We did exactly the same thing and at each port it became a game to see who could get by the dressed up character with just a hand, half a head or shoulder in the shot since they wouldn't take no for an answer.

Too funny.. So funny that I am thinking of entirely green outfits for all of us - floating heads anyone? I usually skip all photos, but floating heads may make it buyable...

Robin

I was thinking the same thing!:D:D:eek:

How mean, the photographers are only doing their job. I let them take the photo, then if I don't want to buy it, I don't.

They stand out there in their foolish costumes, the least we can do is humor them.

And who knows, sometimes the photos turn out pretty darn good. I usually always buy 1 or 2 of them. Our Celebrity New England/Canada cruise, we ended up buying 10.

Different strokes for different folks!

Robin

DH and I both wore green shirts on our last 1 night cruise. We didn't buy the picture but we got a kick out of it each time we walked through the photo gallery! We weren't completely gone though. But definitely "ghostly".

Our favorite cruise photo was taken by an NCL Star photographer in Puerto Vallarta. As we approached him, he said, "I've been waiting for you two." DH is a foot taller than I am. The photographer handed us sombreros--a teensy one for DH, and a huge one for me.

I've had the green-blouse thing happen, too, but they were able to salvage it. It usually happens when everything else looks perfect!

How mean, the photographers are only doing their job. I let them take the photo, then if I don't want to buy it, I don't.

They stand out there in their foolish costumes, the least we can do is humor them.

And who knows, sometimes the photos turn out pretty darn good. I usually always buy 1 or 2 of them. Our Celebrity New England/Canada cruise, we ended up buying 10.

Different strokes for different folks!

Agreed, the is no reason to be nasty to the photography staff. And since you do end up buying some pics, it's great that you take the opportunity to have some taken. We very rarely buy photos, and then only ones from an on board session, so I feel it's a waste of money for the ship to print up photos we will never purchase. I also consider it a waste of resources, when I look at all those racks of paper and ink that end up in the trash.. So we simply walk by and say "No thank you" and it's never a problem.

Robin

Archived