crowd on princess, information on two website, oposite information

redhydra

hi

i was reading about princess cruise on both cruise critic and cruisemate and when i reach fellow passenger, both site has completely different information, facing that, wich site should i believe?? as i never been on a princess cruise?? because i am really confused as both site say the oposite of each other

here is what cruise critic say

Fellow passenger

Princess Cruises attracts a widespread passenger demographic, but as its ships vary so widely in style and services, choosing carefully is a good idea. The large and mid-range ships attract broad multi-generational demographics -- everyone from solo travelers to family groups will find something to like.

The smaller ships -- Tahitian, Pacific and Royal -- cater more to travelers who want longer itineraries, more exotic ports of calls and fewer family-friendly elements. end quote

and here is what cruisemate say

Fellow Passengers:

clearpixel.gif

Princess' youngish "average" passengers, fifty-somethings, seem to prefer the line's one-week Caribbean and Mexico cruises, while the Alaska cruises seem to attract more and more families. Babyboomers and their teenagers are occasionally glimpsed on summertime European cruises. On the Panama Canal, Asia, Africa and South America voyages, passengers are generally over 65. If you're not yet eligible for Social Security, you're especially likely to feel out-of-place aboard the longer cruises.

when i spoke to my travel acency, she seemed to lean toward the cruisemate commentary

and you, what is your opinion?

The Demo on 7 days cruises skews a little younger - more 20 and 30-somethings and definitely more families. Longer cruises and more far-flung destinations bring the age up. Passengers here will range from Baby Boomers (who are 47-63) up. Fewer kids, fewer younger couples. The line is overall less family-oriented than some others.

Seems the same to me too!You have all ages.It depends who books and when.Shorter caribbean is a little younger,long exotic cruises tend to be older,but i thought u were only as old as you feel???Age is a number.What you do with it is another thing.You can be old acting at 30 and young acting at 80+:)

The Demo on 7 days cruises skews a little younger - more 20 and 30-somethings and definitely more families. Longer cruises and more far-flung destinations bring the age up. Passengers here will range from Baby Boomers (who are 47-63) up. Fewer kids' date=' fewer younger couples. The line is overall less family-oriented than some others.[/quote']

pretty much like most line

week end cruise tend to atract a party hearted crowd and more than one week cruise, atract retired people as many people can't afford more than one week cruise, such as myself

thanks for the information everyones

Generally, the longer the cruise, the older the average age. Exotic cruises also attract an older crowd. Cruises when kids are in school will also tend to be older although that doesn't hold true with South American cruises during our winter since it's their summer and schools are out. The smaller ships usually have an older passenger. You'll find families and younger passengers on short, 7-day cruises to the Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, or Alaska during school vacations. You will probably never have a Princess cruise with a mostly 20's and 30's age group.

Princess offers a wide variety of cruises with differing lengths and destinations so there really is no one description for all. Age is a state of mind and I've found that on my cruises, the "old" folks are just as active and adventurous as the younger. Sometimes, moreso.

Hi There

Some points are true about almost any cruise line,

Long cruises you get an older age mix because they have the time they are not working.

School holidays you get younger age mix higher number of kids.

Short sun shine cruises you will get more mid age group.

I have have done b2b cruises with Princess and between the young ones one cruise then the old ones the following.

One of the nice things about Princess is there will be an age mix

the ship will not be full of twenty somethings or those getting close to 100

yours shogun

Exactly! Seniors also have the time and money for more exotic destinations as well, as it is expensive for families to fly to some of the more exotic ports . Also, Canada/New England cruises also tend to attract an older crowd, particularly if you are traveling September or later.

As travelers in our 50's and 60's, even we remarked on a Canada/New England cruise we took in early October we never so so much white hair in the theater on show nights.

Generally, the longer the cruise, the older the average age. Exotic cruises also attract an older crowd. Cruises when kids are in school will also tend to be older although that doesn't hold true with South American cruises during our winter since it's their summer and schools are out. The smaller ships usually have an older passenger. You'll find families and younger passengers on short, 7-day cruises to the Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, or Alaska during school vacations. You will probably never have a Princess cruise with a mostly 20's and 30's age group.

I saw more kids on our Ruby Princess Grand Med cruise last summer than on any of my Carnival or Royal Caribbean cruises in April. Thank you Princess for the adults only pools. :cool:

Yes, Princess attracts a lot baby boomers in their late 40s to 60s. But in general, families with young children seem to gravitate more to Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and Disney (I'm sure I'm leaving out another cruise line that belongs i this mix). But Princess age demographics are probably more in line with Celebrity than with the others.

Agree with most of the above comments.

We are 52 years old and just got off a 10 day caribbean cruise on the Emerald. We were surprised how much older the crowd was in most places (bars, etc.). This was definitely an older crowd than the prior 7 day Princess caribbean cruises we have taken. The comedian even made a joke about the age of the crowd once (that didn't go over too well). I didn't really mind the older crowd though.

As a rule, under 10 days, younger crowd with more families...10 days and over...more mature crowd but still with a great mix. On our 14 day Hawaii trip 2 years ago we took our teenaged daughter, (16). No one her age on the ship, so she made friends with the cruise staff, and actually had a great time with them! She is well traveled and used to longer voyages with older people and absolutely LOVES it!

I've been on 3 Princess cruises:

Easter 2007

Crown princess, 14 nights, from Puerto Rico. Mainly Americans and some Canadians on 7 day cruise and some Canadians and ALL Brits on 14 night cruise. A good mix of ages,

Easter 2008

Sea Princess, 14 nights from Montego Bay. 9/10 of ships passengers were Brits. More people 50+ on retirement holidays, silver, ruby, golden wedding anniversaries but there was a number of well behaved children.

Easter 2010

Sea Princess again from the same embarkation port as 2 year previous. Same mix of passengers but I was beginning to find it too sedate for me.

Easter 2011

I'm going on Caribbean Princess for 14 nights from Peurto Rico. Same mix as Easter 2007. LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!! A bit for life and sparkle without being too 'camp' or in your face like I've heard some cruise lines are. With Princess you can have your fun and your peace and relaxation if you want it - hence why we always holiday with them.

PS: Avoid Southampton between June and September like the plague!!!

Dittoing what everyone else said. In the mid-range (Princess, Celebrity, RCL, NCL), the difference between crowds is more a matter of ship and features/time of year/itinerary as far as age as opposed to the line itself.

Longer cruises will skew older for reasons noted above.

Carribean and Alaska skew a little younger, Exotics a little older

Summer cruises will see more kids.

Ships with more family friendly amenities = more families

We're in our late 30s/early 40s, and while we were probably on the younger side on our last AK cruise, we didn't feel out of place.

Lets put that average age of 50ish into perspective. If 1000 passengers are 30ish, 1000 50ish, and 1000 70ish that averages to 50ish. However certainly plenty at each "age level". It doesn't mean most people on the cruise are 50ish.

With that being said a fairly safe set of rules hold true. Caribbean and Mexican cruises of 7-10 tend to skew "younger." Alaska and New England skew " slightly older". European and extended cruises skew "older."

Archived