Photo books - princess cruises

jeanie27

Has anyone else had experience of buying the photo-books of their cruise?

We paid $29.95 for a glossy photo book of our cruise through the Panama canal. We thought this was cheap for what was on ofer so asked at the desk what else needed to be paid and was told 'nothing'. We were assured that all of our own photos would be included , plus all of the photos taken by the official photographer on the ship, and that shipping was included. Bargain!

The reality is somewhat different. We spent an age uploading photos, writing captions, and generally putting a very nice reminder of our cruise in order. When we clicked 'Order' we found that (if we proceeded with the order) that the $24.95 that we paid Princess was only a deposit and that the total price, including shipping, was another $92!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be warned and don't be suckered into parting with your money onboard ship. Right now we feel totally ripped off by Princess. At the very best, we were lied to about what we would get.

If it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, it's a duck. Save your money.

WOW...instead of getting better at disclosing what's being purchased, it's worse! We emailed Princess Customer Relations about the numerous problems informing passengers about what is being purchased & at what price. And we're not the only ones so I'd suggest contacting Princess because despite receiving a lot of input from unhappy passengers, it's even worse in your case.

We enjoy the photo book but they are constantly changing the program & not informing passengers. They need to standardize the program & to provide order forms that clearly spell out what we're purchasing. As it is now, nice photo book but terrible at disclosing what we're purchasing. :mad:

We bought the book last year on the Ruby Princess for $59.00. IT IS WONDERFUL, AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL. We uploaded hundreds of photos and wrote our own captions. The book is 100 pages and I ordered two more for my children after I received the first one. We paid the $59.00 onboard and that was it. We are going to Hawaii in April on the Golden and I plan to buy another one.

We paid $29.95 for a glossy photo book of our cruise through the Panama canal. We thought this was cheap for what was on ofer so asked at the desk what else needed to be paid and was told 'nothing'. We were assured that all of our own photos would be included , plus all of the photos taken by the official photographer on the ship, and that shipping was included. Bargain!

The reality is somewhat different. We spent an age uploading photos, writing captions, and generally putting a very nice reminder of our cruise in order. When we clicked 'Order' we found that (if we proceeded with the order) that the $24.95 that we paid Princess was only a deposit and that the total price, including shipping, was another $92!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be warned and don't be suckered into parting with your money onboard ship. Right now we feel totally ripped off by Princess. At the very best, we were lied to about what we would get.

If it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, it's a duck. Save your money.

We bought the book last year on the Ruby Princess for $59.00. IT IS WONDERFUL, AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL. We uploaded hundreds of photos and wrote our own captions. The book is 100 pages and I ordered two more for my children after I received the first one. We paid the $59.00 onboard and that was it. We are going to Hawaii in April on the Golden and I plan to buy another one.

The fact that they're WONDERFUL, AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL is not in dispute...it's their lack of telling everyone what's being purchased. We're doing our 3rd one & with the 1st two we were fully informed about what we were purchasing.

We also like the photo book very much but recently they are doing a VERY POOR job informing passengers what is being purchased. You can search the many threads about these problems with the Panraven photo book that have been occuring in the past few months. Our most recent one was on the Golden in December...nothing in writing when it's purchased until after spending a lot of time composing it then at final checkout they tell you how few pages you get for the price paid. Hopefully you don't have any problems on the Golden like we did & many others have recently had on other ships.

We still plan to purchase them as long as they put it in writing...before final checkout. :rolleyes:

I just got off the Golden on the March 2. I had every intention of buying the Panraven Photo book but was told that I couldn't buy it. I could however get it free if I purchased 5 of the ship photographers photos and only the 50 page book was available. I bought the 5 photos and paid for the shipping for the 50 page book. Be aware that you only get 3 months to put the book together mine must go to print by 5-2-11 or I lose it. I don't think you can purchase more time to finish it. You might want to check with Panraven directly for their pricing.

BTW it was a wonderful trip.

Ouch, you should look at the many photo sites like shutterfly which have very nice turnkey software and options to create your own personallized photobook.

You can learn more here: http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-books

Archived