Are the occupancies on RCI site in real time?

Hey all,

I am curious (again ;) ), we are sailing on Liberty OTS, Jun 11, Med cruise. When I check the overall occupancies, I see that there are still loads of free rooms (spread over all the different classes).

Is this normal at less than 100 days of embarkation, or does it all of a sudden change earlier to embarkation?

I guess it’s better to not have a full boat for waiting lines and the crews attention…But then there is “the more the merrier” so will this influence overall atmosphere onboard?

Does onboard way of working and activity schedules change according to the amount of passengers?

Greets

• 2 months later...
Hey all,

I am curious (again ;) ), we are sailing on Liberty OTS, Jun 11, Med cruise. When I check the overall occupancies, I see that there are still loads of free rooms (spread over all the different classes).

Is this normal at less than 100 days of embarkation, or does it all of a sudden change earlier to embarkation?

I guess it’s better to not have a full boat for waiting lines and the crews attention…But then there is “the more the merrier” so will this influence overall atmosphere onboard?

Does onboard way of working and activity schedules change according to the amount of passengers?

Greets

On all my cruise (not that much) the ship was always full, but I could barely notice it. Only time I noticed it, was when going through customs and when waiting for tenders. Windjammer tends to get crazy on departure morning if the ship is full. I guess not to sail with a full ship must be nice.

The way they work is always the same, doesn't matter if the ship is full or not. Lots of activities going on at all times. Crew will always notice you.

And I have to admit, it's nice to meet a fellow Belgian here, first time that happened.

Enjoy your cruise, nothing compares to the first one. And IMHO, you picked a very nice cruise line.

Grtz from Belgium

Cindy

Hey all,

Greets

This is of little surprise....with all the ships that all the CL's have moved across the pond they are having a very hard time trying to fill them....in the end they will just keep slashing the price till they eventually fill...>CL's don't sail empty ships. The problem with this is that it sometimes attracts a less desirable crowd.

Yes, cabin inventory at RCI online is in real time.

If this becomes a "soft sailing" , watch for great deals after Final Payment passes , for "new bookings only" . ;)

The ship will fill up fast with locals and those without airfare concerns.

Archived