Radisson Resort at the Port, did I goof?

JoviJ

My son and myself (and his friend) are sailing on the FOS in late June. We've never been to Port Canaveral to cruise (or for any other reason for that matter). Most of the people on the roll call are staying at the Radisson. I'm open to anything just so as it's clean and safe.

I went to a website and read reviews (I doubt that I can post it here due to their rules). I always try to read at least the first 10-12 to see what the majority of everyone has posted. Out of the first 12, 7 of them were not so stellar. I'm really concerned as we have a reservation. Some of the titled reviews were "never again", "Radisson "Resort" at the Port, I don't think so", "not up to par", and "dirty old hotel". :( I'm sure you can see some of my concerns. I really don't want to stay anywhere dirty nor does my son.

I just need some honest up to date comments on this hotel. Am I going to be upset that I booked this? (due to cleanliness for a start...)

I appreciate all help or comments. Thank you

My son and myself (and his friend) are sailing on the FOS in late June. We've never been to Port Canaveral to cruise (or for any other reason for that matter). Most of the people on the roll call are staying at the Radisson. I'm open to anything just so as it's clean and safe.

I went to a website and read reviews (I doubt that I can post it here due to their rules). I always try to read at least the first 10-12 to see what the majority of everyone has posted. Out of the first 12, 7 of them were not so stellar. I'm really concerned as we have a reservation. Some of the titled reviews were "never again", "Radisson "Resort" at the Port, I don't think so", "not up to par", and "dirty old hotel". :( I'm sure you can see some of my concerns. I really don't want to stay anywhere dirty nor does my son.

I just need some honest up to date comments on this hotel. Am I going to be upset that I booked this? (due to cleanliness for a start...)

Thats Crazy! I live here and can tell you it is the most popular hotel we have. That being said I would not stay there. Why you ask, why come all the way here and not go another mile and stay on the ocean. We have many ocean front properties that will cost no more and are a short cab ride to the port. Anywhere in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach is no more than 10 minutes to your ship.

I stayed at the Radisson in Nov because that's where most of our group was. The rooms are small and somewhat dated, tho fine for a night. The pool area is very nice, we gathered there to meet. Overall tho, i wasn't impressed with the property. I'm not very partial to outside rooms, which is what they have. Also, my room key stopped working and I waited 20 minutes for someone to let me in. I paid $99 + taxes and for that, I think you can find a nicer property in the area.

This is exactly what I mean. On this review site, it's either "we loved it" or "we hated it" (but the didn't like outweighed the liked). The photos posted do make the hotel look very outdated (and these were last year). I can do anything (outdated) but just not dirty. I also will have a big problem with mold as I have bad allergies.

With that being said, I do appreciate all responses. It's just for one night, so we will make it work. I had planned to stay longer there as we will be in town 4 days before our trip but we've opted to stay on the beachfront. I will let everyone know what our impression was after our stay. I will even snap some photos. (this will be June 11)

Thanks everyone.

Thats Crazy! I live here and can tell you it is the most popular hotel we have. That being said I would not stay there. Why you ask, why come all the way here and not go another mile and stay on the ocean. We have many ocean front properties that will cost no more and are a short cab ride to the port. Anywhere in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach is no more than 10 minutes to your ship.

Where would you suggest? We are cruising out of PC on 4/2 and haven't made reservations for the night before yet. In addition to suggestions, what do you think about staying in Titusville?

Where would you suggest? We are cruising out of PC on 4/2 and haven't made reservations for the night before yet. In addition to suggestions, what do you think about staying in Titusville?

Titusville might save you a few dollars but there is nothing there. I am a fan of Laquinta oceanfront or Best Western because of their location. Across the street from the grocery store and next door to the Cocoa Beach pier. We have all the chains here and no places that are bad.

How about the Hilton on the Beach? I can use Hilton points for my room. Is the Hilton a good hotel in Cocoa Beach?

This is exactly what I mean. On this review site, it's either "we loved it" or "we hated it" (but the didn't like outweighed the liked). The photos posted do make the hotel look very outdated (and these were last year). I can do anything (outdated) but just not dirty. I also will have a big problem with mold as I have bad allergies.

With that being said, I do appreciate all responses. It's just for one night, so we will make it work. I had planned to stay longer there as we will be in town 4 days before our trip but we've opted to stay on the beachfront. I will let everyone know what our impression was after our stay. I will even snap some photos. (this will be June 11)

Thanks everyone.

JoviJ, I see u r from Cincinnati; let me know about the hotel with pics. am taking my kids and grandkids on Freedom in Dec. Looking to book hotel somewhere in cocoa beach.

Titusville might save you a few dollars but there is nothing there. I am a fan of Laquinta oceanfront or Best Western because of their location. Across the street from the grocery store and next door to the Cocoa Beach pier. We have all the chains here and no places that are bad.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer our questions! When I looked up Laquinta, I found two. Are you referring to La Quinta Inn on North Atlantic Ave. or La Quinta Inn and Suites on Hendry Ave.? Also, do you have any thoughts on the Hampton Inn? Thanks.:)

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer our questions! When I looked up Laquinta, I found two. Are you referring to La Quinta Inn on North Atlantic Ave. or La Quinta Inn and Suites on Hendry Ave.? Also, do you have any thoughts on the Hampton Inn? Thanks.:)

Hendry is the oceanfront. The Hampton is very nice as well.

We stayed there for 4 days. Rooms are dated but pool area is nice. We checked PL and their price was less than Radisson, so after Radisson was able to verify, they matched the price and discounted another 25 %. 1 day we were not out of the room when housekeeping wanted to clean so we asked them to come back later. Well our room never got cleaned for 2 days. I even called the front desk after the 2 nd day, but no luck. I mentioned again on checkout & i think they deducted 15%. While we were still there I also registered a complaint on Radisson's website & they issued another credit!

I think we ended up paying $25/night. Can't complain about that!

Thanks Imanita, this is really nice to hear. It sounds like they at least took your complaints seriously and tried to make it right (as best they could). I'm not really one to complain but I will complain if it's dirty. I just like clean! I will be interested to see this hotel. I'm happy however we are staying on the beach prior to this. Thanks again.

Archived