Princess Transfer, Port to FCO

BosoxI

We are thinking of booking a cruise on the Star which is scheduled to arrive at 4AM in Civitavecchia. Our most likely flight will leave FCO at noon. If we purchase the Princess transfer, what time does it leave the ship? I'm not sure a call to Princess will give me accurate info. Your personal experience would be a big help. Thanks.

Did this in Nov. 2009. Ship arrived at 4am. My flight was at 11:15am. We were to report to Wheelhouse bar at 6:30am. Got called to leave just after. We where in line waiting for the US Air ticket counters to open at 8am

While I do not have Princess transfer experience (we were on Costa) if you are to have any luck catching an am flight out of FCO you must take the transfer or hire a driver for about $200. FCO is a mess -- it took over 2 hours+ in lines (first to check in and then to go through security). Getting there at 8am via a 6:30am transfer would make it manageable. (And save some Euros to grab breakfast by your terminal - there are espresso bars with lovely pastries near the gates.)

Thank you both, very much. Based on your info, we have booked the cruise with the ship's transfer. There is a 10:30 flight which would be preferable, but I guess that would be pushing our luck. The Italians are wonderful people, though I often wonder how they accomplished so much but never learned the knack of forming a line. :)

Archived