Carnival to return to MAZATLAND!!!

myrvhome

Currently the Mazatlan stop is still canceled; the article only said they have agreed to return, but first they will have to implement the security improvements, so I think a few more cruises might be affected.

Just a guess.

I just got notice yesterday that Mazatlan was taken out of our Splendor itinerary for March 27 sailing.

So disappointed...but we will have to return again another time.

I just got notice yesterday that Mazatlan was taken out of our Splendor itinerary for March 27 sailing.

HAL and Princess are still going to Mazatlan. Makes you wonder why Carnival is not.

We met you last year on the Spirit in March! Allie was in a cast and we hope she is doing well now. You showed us your cabin and we have it booked on an upcoming Miracle cruise. We will also be on the Splendor but two weeks ahead of you! Darn!

We also got an email from Carnival yesterday with the change of itinerary. I am glad that they were able to let us know as we had booked and prepaid for some private tours that we have now changed around. I don't want to change them again!!!

Judy & George

I always enjoyed Mazatlan and always felt safe. I never though twice about walking outside of the gate, to the small dock and catching the boat to Stone Island. Now that was a relaxing day.

I hope Carnival goes back.

The on-again, off-again arrivals of cruise ships from the Holland and Carnival lines in Mazatlán’s port appears to have been resolved to the benefit of the city.

Francisco Manuel Córdova Celaya, Secretary of Public Security, announced today that following a meeting in Miami with representatives of the two cruise ship lines it has been decided that they would continue to visit Mazatlán for the rest of cruising season.

In a press conference together with Secretary of Tourism Oralia Rice, Córdova Celaya explained that what interested the cruise line representatives was an operating plan to ensure their passengers’ safety, while recognizing that it was impossible to promise nothing would happen given the size of the city.

At Córdova Celaya’s initial talks with Holland and Carnival representatives in January, he told the representatives state police would reinforce the municipal police presence in tourist areas, but the representatives pointed out that was not enough because police vehicles do not have modern communication technology nor operational plans.

For that reason it was decided to implement a permanent operational plan in which the state government would provide more police units as well as tourist police. As well, the municipality will improve technology with video cameras and panic buttons located every 150 or 200 meters which when pressed will contact authorities immediately.

Mazatlán could lose almost $17 million US dollars in economic income this year, said Secretary Rice. Cruise ships represent $350,000US each time one docks, including $100US spent by each passenger disembarking in the city.

The Secretary told media that representatives of the Disney cruise ship line which cancelled arrivals earlier this year are in Mazatlán to re-evaluate their decision.

Ithought that Mazatlan was safer when we there in October on the Splendor. when we went to Cabo the next day the FIRST thing I saw was armed military guards every 25feet on the tender pier. Which was not the case in Mazatlan , which by the way is Mexico's Naval Base on the west coast.

Take a chance on being hung from a bridge. Never stay home, go somewhere safer.

Didn't see anywhere that those hanging from the bridge were tourists.

Tell me where one could go with any chance of violence.

at least let us know when they print a retraction. that will be news.

john heald already announced yesterday that is cancelled pretty much through at least the end of march.

this thread is useless, baseless, and should be deleted.

at least let us know when they print a retraction. that will be news.

john heald already announced yesterday that is cancelled pretty much through at least the end of march.

this thread is useless, baseless, and should be deleted.

It may be to you but those of us who were looking forward to going to Mazatlan are not happy. HAL and Princess are going there still. You have to ask why Carnival is reluctant to go there? I have my ideas but won't voice them here.

I posted this information in support of what John Heald has also said: which is that Carnival has not given up on Mazatlan at this time the curent action (Cabo, Cabo, PV) is not permanent, carnival is working to try to return to Mazatlan if they can improve security. It would appear from the article that they are doining exactly that! We sail the Splendor on 5-1-2011 and do want to go to Mazatlan, and hope this will happen by then.

I posted this information in support of what John Heald has also said: which is that Carnival has not given up on Mazatlan at this time the curent action (Cabo, Cabo, PV) is not permanent, carnival is working to try to return to Mazatlan if they can improve security. It would appear from the article that they are doining exactly that! We sail the Splendor on 5-1-2011 and do want to go to Mazatlan, and hope this will happen by then.

I hope so too for your sake. We are really disappointed with the changes to our itinerary on the Spirit March 20. There just isn't much for us to do in Cabo for 2 days because we don't go to places like Cabo Wabo or the Office.

It may be to you but those of us who were looking forward to going to Mazatlan are not happy. HAL and Princess are going there still. You have to ask why Carnival is reluctant to go there? I have my ideas but won't voice them here.

perhaps you missed my point. this thread indicates that carnival has returned to mazat"land" for the rest of the season.

Archived