Jumper on Destiny

navybaby1113

I was a diver in college and then I used to do cliff diving and diving shows for a few years. Everytime I am on a cruise ship I always find myself thinking about how cool it would be if they had a diving platform for port days but I know why they don't....people who don't know what they are doing + alcohol = a bad accident every time. A lot of people just don't realize what water will do to you if you hit it wrong at high velocities.

A lot of people just don't realize what water will do to you if you hit it wrong at high velocities.

No imagine the ship was traveling 20 knots at the time...

The leg would have been just one of many bones broken, and no chance to swim ashore.

Any guesses at to blood alcohol level (assuming it was alcohol induced - I've heard that there are other uninhibitors out there :))

I ama big fan of 311.

That said, in all likelihood it was not alcohol.

Could have been that flat iron steak...

I hope that dude knows how lucky he is to be alive! As someone else said; if he had hit the water head first the outcome would have been very different. Actually, even going back first, he must have had a guardian angel guiding him into the water, he could have ended up with a broken neck, or back. Broken leg....lord almighty he was lucky.

I was a diver in college and then I used to do cliff diving and diving shows for a few years. Everytime I am on a cruise ship I always find myself thinking about how cool it would be if they had a diving platform for port days but I know why they don't....people who don't know what they are doing + alcohol = a bad accident every time. A lot of people just don't realize what water will do to you if you hit it wrong at high velocities.

What??? They don't have a plank to jump from?!:D

Archived