PVP or book on your own???

Goplayball

If you know what you want, do you go thru PVP or just book on Carnival's site? Is there any advantage to going thru PVP? I have booked thru PVP several times however think it would be just as easy to just do it online. Any thoughts on this or should I just call? Liberty in December!!!!!!

I never start out thinking I have anything special ... but I was booking very far in advance and life happened...if you do need something later, you will be glad to have a good pvp.

If you decide to book online, no one person is going to stand in for you later on if you need it.

I have always called the 800 number and spoke to who ever answered and booked by cruises. This time however I did use a PVP. She had been bugging the crap out of me for months to book, and I actually did try to call her for the Feb 19th Cruise but she didn't answer - so I booked with the 800 number. To be honest, I dont notice a difference. She really hasn't done any thing more or less then just calling in a talking to some one.

Find a good independent travel agent. They look after you and your interests more. Ours often puts us in groups for on board credits and maybe lower prices. You dont even know you are in a group.

Also, I was in The Ledgends show as Elton John. They give you a free video you have to pick up the last mooring. I did so. I got it home and it was the ship video, not the Ledgend show., Just so happened that she was on the same ship the next week and she talked to the cruise director, he had one made and she brought it home with her adn mailed it to me!!!!

We love our PVP & wouldn't trade him for anything. He always responds to us ASAP via email or phone...whichever I need. I actually had to call him today for something (actually needed shore excursions dept) & apologized for having to bother him since I knew I needed to be transferred but I couldn't find the number. Anyway, he gave me that ext., told me to always call him if I needed anything no matter how small & then he politely transferred me. THAT, to me, is customer service & I'll keep using him. I only wish I could share his name. ;)

I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you use a pvp, they get a credit or commission. I figure as long as it doesn't cost me more money, why not help out another person by letting them get the credit. Just my $.02

Scott

I just booked a cruise for April and my PVP thanked me for using him again. He said he will get credit for me using him. He is very helpful and a great PVP.....

If you have a good independent travel agent, they will go to bat for you if you ever need it. Also, they will take care of all of your cruise needs, regardless of the line.

Do find somebody who specializes in cruises, as well as somebody affiliated with a large consortium because they will have better buying power and access to group rates that the PVP will not offer you.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you use a pvp, they get a credit or commission. I figure as long as it doesn't cost me more money, why not help out another person by letting them get the credit. Just my $.02

Scott

I agree. I love our PVP and it's so easy for me to book that way :)

I've tried booking online a couple of times and just got error messages for some reason. Therefore, I always call the 1-800 number to book. I don't care who answers, don't pay attention to their name, or try to get the same person each time. All I want is for them to book the trip for me and tell me how much it's going to cost. I can figure out the rest on my own with knowing how Carnival and cruising works, doing a little bit of research, and knowing what I want to do and how much I want to pay for it. I don't know why I'd want the same PVP each time.

Archived