What about a group of single parents all sailing together?

laura2161

What about a group of single parents all sailing together? How great that would be...We would all know that our kids would have other kids to hang out with, and it wouldnt be so difficult to go to dinner, sit alone (until you meet other parents) etc.?

I know for me I find it hard to go and sit and eat alone (If daugter is off with friends etc) Im not a social butterfly, and sad to say can be a bit shy.:p

I think we all should get together and plan a cruise together - You think?

Let's see- I'll start. I'm 38 and single mom to a 15 yr old daughter. We live in Atl, GA so cruising out of either Tampa, Orlando, or Jacksonville is easiest for us (Not saying thats where it should be , just stating the ease for us)

Obviously we should pick a cruise line that has alot of stuff for kids to do-including tweens and teens. Carnival and RC come to mind. (Ive never cruised RC before, but have cruised Carnival)

ANyone think this is a good idea or no?

Thanks,

Laura

I think that would be a great idea. The problem is that nobody, including me, is going to want to do the work to organize it. If we could just do it casually through this thead, pick a ship and date and just book individually, then it might work.

There is a website out there that is geared to single parents, ******parenttravel(dot)com . I don't think they have any cruises, but they do land trip to the caribbean.

I already checked into this before. *****.com offers two single parent cruises. One for 4 days, and one for 7. I dont recall which ports they were out of though. Im all for it, but to theme it through them, I felt the price was a bit much. Now if we could all get together and pick one ourselves, :) then I think we could arrange it. Im for sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale, or Tampa. I love San Juan but the airfare can be a bit much. Celebrity has been my favorite cruiseline but I havent tried RC. Carnival was alright. Keep me posted. Next scheduled cruise for my girls and I: Dec: 10 Constellation out of San Juan.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds fun to me! I am single female, 41, with a 7 year old son. We have cruised before with extended family on RCCL, and loved it! He really enjoyed their kids program. That said, I would certainly be willing to try another line. SO.....any more single parents interested???:rolleyes:

I would certainly be interested in doing this kind of cruise. I am a single parent (41) with 2 boys, 13 and 18..........not sure if the 18 year old would come (he's in college) but count myself and my youngest in!!!!!

I'm interested as well. I am a teacher, so I am limited to school vacations. And of course there's the negotiations with the girls father. (He's not the easiest person to deal with.) I am 34 years old and my girls are 4 and 6. I already have a cruise booked for this summer, but I am looking for one next summer. I've heard that booking group cruises through cruise critic is not that difficult. At least we get some perks that way. I would love to "organize" this, but my divorce isn't final and I am not positive of the times I will have my girls. He has them for the first 3 weeks of June this year.

Archived