Feb 19 Feb 26, 2011 So many great memories and experiences

sha88

We just returned and were really lucky with the weather. Beautiful and sunny every day. If the Aloha is too crowded in the AM, there is overflow seating in the Gold Saloon bar area. We found the food to be very acceptable. We also ate breakfast in the dining room a couple of mornings. Both mornings we were seated within a few minutes and the food was good. We also liked Cadillac Diner. Convenient and always open. Had breakfast there on Monday morning at about 2am prior to our Sunrise tour to the Haleakala.

Our stateroom, although small fit our needs very well. We were lucky to have an aft balcony 8208 - the balcony was fantastic. Our room stewart, Made, handled our requests promptly like emptying out the fridge so we could put our stuff in there. Keeping ice in the room, etc.

I wanted to post this for people who are going on this cruise. We were very busy off the ship so it really is like having a hotel, but with many benefits in my opinion. Too tired to see the shows, but did take in the farewell show the last night.

I envy all of you who have yet to sail this cruise. Have a great time. Helicpoter over Kauai was so amazing. Road to Hana and the Sunrise Haleakala in Maui were fantatic. My husband was not feeling so hot on Tuesday due to the VOG, so went to see Accadia Falls in Hilo, but not much more. Secret Waterfalls of Kona terrific. ATV tour of Kipu Ranch in Kauai lots of fun. Pearl Harbor last day on Saturday, thru NCL very convenient way to see the memorial and then taken to airport for the long flight home.

The only time we really had to spend by the pool was for sailaway on Friday. Enjoyed the barbeque sailaway and it was a fun atmosphere even though we knew our most fun adventure was fast coming to an end.

Overall, the most wonderful adventure my husband and I have ever been on. Well, Alaska was pretty great, too. There is nothing you are not going to like about this cruise. Go for it!

Shahira

It sounds like you had a great time! My DB & SIL will be in the same cabin you were in. We will be in 8706, so glad to hear you liked it. Did you use your balcony for the Napali Coast Sail-by? I am anxious to hear if it offered good viewing.

We made a valiant effort to stay awake, but fell asleep!! They will love the cabin. A room with a view! Can't remember how to insert a photo on here, but have some wonderful sunset pics.

We made a valiant effort to stay awake, but fell asleep!! They will love the cabin. A room with a view! Can't remember how to insert a photo on here, but have some wonderful sunset pics.

maybe this will work.

374718069_roomwithaview.jpg.03bb7effd3f90a2eb329892ba8fe5d42.jpg

So glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise on POA. My DH and I and 2 other couples are going 4/30/11, and we can hardly wait. We are golfing in most of the ports, except Hilo. On day 2 in Kauai, myself and another person in my group are doing the AirVentures plane ride and river cruise combo tour instead of the helicopter as it was less expensive than the helicopter and my friend is slightly over the weight limit for the helicopter. Some others have booked the horseback riding excursion through NCL. Did you encounter anyone who did either of these?

So glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise on POA. My DH and I and 2 other couples are going 4/30/11, and we can hardly wait. We are golfing in most of the ports, except Hilo. On day 2 in Kauai, myself and another person in my group are doing the AirVentures plane ride and river cruise combo tour instead of the helicopter as it was less expensive than the helicopter and my friend is slightly over the weight limit for the helicopter. Some others have booked the horseback riding excursion through NCL. Did you encounter anyone who did either of these?

I am interested in the airplane tour you mentioned. We will not have a rental car, though. How are you getting to the airport for this tour?

Sorry, no I didn't meet anyone who did any of those tours. Here is view of the ship from the helicopter. This was taken just after take off.

POA.jpg.da6ea8af1cc6e21795066ba67f31ff44.jpg

Great photo! Did you sleep through the daytime sail by the Napali coastline after leaving Kauai, or the lave flow sail by (or both)?;) I was hoping to be able to enjoy the view of the Napali Coast from our aft balcony.

We were pretty much on the pool deck all afternoon after leaving Kauai. Have a fantastic trip!!

Thanks for sharing your review. Were you on a NCL Road to Hana tour? If so, could you please just provide a little review as I am not sure of what to expect. This seem to be a very long tour. Thank You.

I thought it would be too long, but the day went by pretty fast and we saw some amazing views and learned alot from our tour guide, Walter. He made lots of stops and there was plenty of tiime to take photos, etc. I think there were 12 or 14 of us in the van. Fred and I were on left hand side - best views from there I thought. There were many sharp curves and turns, so happy we did not do this on our own. May have been Road To Divorce if that happened. :D It was a bit bumpy, too, but very happy we decided to do this tour. We made reservations thru Adventure Maui,com, but the tour operator was Valley Isle. Hope this helps.

DSC00074.jpg.b134ff58966365284b77e3f88eb387b3.jpg

DSC00085.jpg.4c16d32a2a858060bc5fda52b0d0524c.jpg

DSC00070.jpg.3cfa79c58651c286f1dbf5d16d7fe016.jpg

It sounds like you had a great time sha88, makes me even more anxious for mine in April!

I have a couple of questions for you. Some have said that they got back from their Road To Hana tour with VI around 5 - 5:30. Is this what you experienced? Also, what was the weather like for your Haleakala Sunrise tour? Did you book it through the ship or book independently? Thanks!

We just returned and were really lucky with the weather. Beautiful and sunny every day. If the Aloha is too crowded in the AM, there is overflow seating in the Gold Saloon bar area. We found the food to be very acceptable. We also ate breakfast in the dining room a couple of mornings. Both mornings we were seated within a few minutes and the food was good. We also liked Cadillac Diner. Convenient and always open. Had breakfast there on Monday morning at about 2am prior to our Sunrise tour to the Haleakala.

I wanted to post this for people who are going on this cruise. We were very busy off the ship so it really is like having a hotel, but with many benefits in my opinion. Too tired to see the shows, but did take in the farewell show the last night.

I envy all of you who have yet to sail this cruise. Have a great time. Helicpoter over Kauai was so amazing. Road to Hana and the Sunrise Haleakala in Maui were fantatic. My husband was not feeling so hot on Tuesday due to the VOG, so went to see Accadia Falls in Hilo, but not much more. Secret Waterfalls of Kona terrific. ATV tour of Kipu Ranch in Kauai lots of fun. Pearl Harbor last day on Saturday, thru NCL very convenient way to see the memorial and then taken to airport for the long flight home.

Shahira

Thank you Shahira for this helpful info. We're traveling with our best friends and they want to do a Sunrise at Haleakala and then a bikeride down. Now I know were we can get something to eat before we leave.

Also that's a really good idea about when to do the Pearl Harbor Tour. We're also from Pennsylvania and will have that REALLY long plane flight home:(

Greg

It sounds like you had a great time sha88, makes me even more anxious for mine in April!

I have a couple of questions for you. Some have said that they got back from their Road To Hana tour with VI around 5 - 5:30. Is this what you experienced? Also, what was the weather like for your Haleakala Sunrise tour? Did you book it through the ship or book independently? Thanks!

Yes, we did get back around 5pm. We were so lucky with the weather on the Sunrise Bike Tour. Booked thru Adventure Maui.com and don't remember who the actual tour operator was. So fantastic.

DSC00125.jpg.bbe1e9189c0fcc7da69990f6c495b132.jpg

DSC00104.jpg.8022f754b05535e6bb157f0645a674ac.jpg

DSC00110.jpg.135d147773e46f9aa00bbd06eab39d47.jpg

DSC00130.jpg.442834c2d4e99bc95374b6946535d82a.jpg

One more thing - my DB & SIL are thinking of doing the Early Bird Pearl Harbor Tour through the ship as their flight leaves at 3 PM. Is that the one you did?

Sunny, I think when I booked the tour thru NCL, they said do not book this tour if your flight leaves before 4 or 5. I think they got us to the airport about 3 or so, so not sure that work for them.

Sunny, I think when I booked the tour thru NCL, they said do not book this tour if your flight leaves before 4 or 5. I think they got us to the airport about 3 or so, so not sure that work for them.

They have several tours for flights that leave at different times. The Early Bird is for flights that leave after 2 PM, so they should be ok with that one. That is the ONLY tour that would work for their flight.

I was hoping to find someone who had done that tour so I could find out how much time they actually would have at the Memorial.

Thanks for the great review, just wondering when you did the Pearl Harbour tour with NCL, I know the bus has all your luggage, but what could you take in with you while you did the tour, like your personal effects, handbags etc, all did you have to leave it all on the bus :confused:

Thanks for the great review, just wondering when you did the Pearl Harbour tour with NCL, I know the bus has all your luggage, but what could you take in with you while you did the tour, like your personal effects, handbags etc, all did you have to leave it all on the bus :confused:

We did the tour with NCL when we disembarked on Saturday. We met in the Hollywood theatre at 8am, picked up our luggage in cruise terminal, and our group took the bus to Pearl Harbor. No bags at all, not even camera bags are allowed, but cameras were permitted. We left everything on the bus except our wallets. Not a problem.

1760182901_PH1.jpg.f7a1a25629c52f02596c8862e47bd441.jpg

1523936916_PH2DSC00338.jpg.ea375803abfaabc1785f3d7db0f3107b.jpg

2086147630_PH3DSC00333.jpg.4f46af6b1ac7a1608962342ee806ae89.jpg

Thank you for the review,pics and info. We will be in Cabin 8206, our first aft balcony. Would love to see cabin and balcony pics if you can share...:D

REally sorry, but we did not take pics in the room or of the balcony. The room is small, but we found a place to put everything. The balcony was awesome. You will love that. Here is a photo we took from the balcony. There was more than enough room for our two lounge chairs, and two round tables. Made, (pronounced Ma-day) our room stewart, we did not see much of, but was very receptive to our requests and made us animal towels every night. You will love the aft location for this cruise. Have a fantastic time.

1215812232_PH4DSC00331.jpg.0edc9af531914a21e9753c74a2d05b27.jpg

Archived