Can you help me choose what to do?

aholt25

Hi,

My husband and I are two twenty something year old parents of a 3 year old who are getting away for a "just us" vacation on the Carnival Legend in May. We're trying to figure out what to do in each port. We've done our research, but we still can't decide what to do where. (Ideally of our four ports, Cozumel, Roatan, Grand Cayman, and Belize, we want a beach day, a party/shopping day, a nature day, and an island tour day.)

So, can anyone suggest any of the follow as the best thing to do in Grand Cayman? I know it's expensive, so shopping seems to be not the best? We're thinking either Seven Mile Beach for a beach day or a water excursion. We do like to do more unique things, but I know sometimes that can cut into your time. So, I don't know that we're all that interested in the stingrays, but maybe snorkeling of some kind. Since things on land seem to be expensive, I thought biting the bullet for a water excursion might be worth it since it looks beautiful.

Any advice you can give for Grand Cayman would be nice.

Thanks,

Ashley

Well, I'd definitely keep Cozumel as your party/shopping day. :)

We're doing the same itinerary in January 2012, but are bringing our LO with us. However, we've done 3/4 ports 2x and this will be the third.

For Grand Cayman, we've done the Hel/Turtle Farm/Stingray City tour before, as well as parasailing. Senor Frog's closed down here awhile ago, but they still have Margaritaville (hence why I say keep Coz as the party stop :D).

I always keep 2 ports open for beach days just in case the weather doesn't cooperate - I'd say Roatan and GC for this for you! 7 Mile Beach is beautiful.

(Ideally of our four ports, Cozumel, Roatan, Grand Cayman, and Belize, we want a beach day, a party/shopping day, a nature day, and an island tour day.)

Belize - Nature day. No question about it.

Cozumel - Party/Shopping day

Grand Cayman would be a good beach day but not sure how well Roatan fits the island tour ideal.

As far as unique... it doesn't get much more unique than Stingray sandbar. Tours operators will happily drop you off for a couple hours of beach time after your morning stingray trip.

Rent a jeep in Cozumel and bar hop!! The island is very easy to navigate and gorgeous to stop where ever you want!! There is a bar hop tour, but then your on their time schedule.

StingRay City In Grand Caymen. --AWESOME.

Bannister Caye in Belize-- Great Beach

Gumbalinda Park In Roatan.-- Nature/Beach

Snorkel/stingray tour (we've used Moby Dick and are booked again with them next month :D) and then they will drop you at 7-mile beach -- several bars there sell drinks, snacks and sandwiches. A taxi back to the ship from the beach will cost you about $5 per person. Good luck! :)

"Cozumel, Roatan, Grand Cayman, and Belize, we want a beach day, a party/shopping day, a nature day, and an island tour day"

we did this exact cruise on the legend in 9/2010. Based on my experience, here are my thoughts:

nature: I'd do the stingrays and turtle farm in GC

island tour: I'm torn because I really enjoyed our tour of roatan but we went to the ruins in belize and really enjoyed that.

party/shop: definitely cozumel. Although if you're interested in the dolphins, cozumel is where we did it. We went to chankanaab, booked direct. It was a fantastic experience. Not cheap for the 5 of us --we did the royal swim with manatees, but awesome!

beach day: The most beautiful beach was roatan's Tabayana Beach. Paradise!

We had such a wonderful time. Enjoy!

susan

Archived