Reserving lounge chair by the sanctuary pool?

bunyababy

Incorrect, on the ship in question, there is now a pool that is effictely dedicated to Sanctuary users. Please see the above posts.

I stand corrected, but on the ships I have been on, it's available to all.

Edited by hansi

Does anyone know if we can reserve lounge chairs by the Sanctuary Pool if we are planning on paying for the 10 days we are on board the Island Princess?

When you say you are planning on paying for the 10 days' date=' I assume you mean you are going to pay for access to the Sanctuary for your entire voyage. So the answer is yes, your chairs will be reserved for you for the entire cruise. You can also book chairs by the day and the half day, but you have to be there VERY early.

The chairs in this photograph are definitely Sanctuary chairs. I've never been on the Island, so I am not the one person with the actual answer that you want. But just from looking at this photograph, I can tell you that is the Sanctuary.

I think what is confusing is that on the larger ships, the Sanctuary is at the front of the ship, and the pool there is actually the Lotus Spa pool, which is open to everyone, including the lounge chairs around that pool. It is a very different set upon Coral/Island. :)[/quote']

That's what I thought too. Hence my recent posts. That pool is different to the Lotus Spa pool which is below the sanctuary on the ships I have been on.

"•Pools & Spas - Sometimes floating serenely just isn't enough - splash around, ride the waves, swim against the current or take a dip in one of this ship's bubbling hot tubs.

~ Calypso Reef and Pool (plus 2 hot tubs)

~ Neptune's Reef and Pool (plus 2 hot tubs)

~ Terrace Pool

~ Lotus Spa® Pool (plus 2 hot tubs)

~ The Sanctuary(adults only)"

This is a description of the Crown Princess, so it still has the Lotus Spa Pool and the Sanctuary has it's own pool. Problem solved!

We leave on the Island this coming Monday, and I have my heart set on booking the Sanctuary for the entire cruise. We are planning on getting to the port by 10AM so we can at least be on line early and maybe get the Sanctuary. I am not thrilled about having to pay an extra $70 for canal day, but if it means I don't get my reserved seats, I'll do it, and count it, as someone so succinctly put it, as a tour.

Keeping fingers crossed........

It sounds like you are doing a full transit, so if you could confirm the pricing and what's offered, that would be great! Scanned copy of a price list even better! :)

We leave on the Island this coming Monday, and I have my heart set on booking the Sanctuary for the entire cruise. We are planning on getting to the port by 10AM so we can at least be on line early and maybe get the Sanctuary. I am not thrilled about having to pay an extra $70 for canal day, but if it means I don't get my reserved seats, I'll do it, and count it, as someone so succinctly put it, as a tour.

Keeping fingers crossed........

On every ship other than the Island and Coral, the pools are open access. When they put the sanctuary in, they had to put in support and exit paths that pretty much forced them to close it off.

BTW, I am pretty sure this is what used to be considered the 'Youth Center' Pool on the floor plans on the Aloha deck.

I stand corrected, but on the ships I have been on, it's available to all.

Does the sanctuary have loungers in the sun and in the shade? (We're on the Coral in April). DH loves the shade and I'm a sun worshiper. He wants to book the entire cruise in the sanctuary which is fine, but if I can't be in full sun, I may pass on it. Can anyone help?

There are loungers in both situations. Note that you book a specific lounger for the whole cruise. That said, based on ship position, direction, etc there is no guarantee that any lounger will always have full sun.

Does the sanctuary have loungers in the sun and in the shade? (We're on the Coral in April). DH loves the shade and I'm a sun worshiper. He wants to book the entire cruise in the sanctuary which is fine, but if I can't be in full sun, I may pass on it. Can anyone help?

The Coral Sanctuary is on 2 levels. The upper level has 2 or 3 little covered areas. The rest of the loungers have no covering at all and are in the direct sun. There are some lounges on level 1 that are in shade (most of the time) and lounges with no covering which will give full sun.

The attendants are wonderful about shifting lounges around a bit ti try to offer more or less sun as long as there is room.

Sharon

"•Pools & Spas - Sometimes floating serenely just isn't enough - splash around, ride the waves, swim against the current or take a dip in one of this ship's bubbling hot tubs.

~ Calypso Reef and Pool (plus 2 hot tubs)

~ Neptune's Reef and Pool (plus 2 hot tubs)

~ Terrace Pool

~ Lotus Spa® Pool (plus 2 hot tubs)

~ The Sanctuary(adults only)"

This is a description of the Crown Princess, so it still has the Lotus Spa Pool and the Sanctuary has it's own pool. Problem solved!

Fiction sometimes makes its way into the Princess writings. The Sanctuary on the Crown has neither a pool nor a hot tub.

The OP’s question prompted this. The ultimate cruise evil of reserving pool lounge chairs can be eliminated simply by renting them out. Give each chair a number and have a booth where you purchase a daily pass. After you return from your second helping at the Horizon and find someone occupying your chair, simply produce your numbered tag to prove the chair is yours for the day.

The OP’s question prompted this. The ultimate cruise evil of reserving pool lounge chairs can be eliminated simply by renting them out. Give each chair a number and have a booth where you purchase a daily pass. After you return from your second helping at the Horizon and find someone occupying your chair, simply produce your numbered tag to prove the chair is yours for the day.

So basically you would condone turning the whole ship seating into a type of "Sanctuary" and charging everyone for every seat. :p:rolleyes:

Fiction sometimes makes its way into the Princess writings. The Sanctuary on the Crown has neither a pool nor a hot tub.

I know. It says "Lotus Spa and Pool (2 hot tubs). Not the Sanctuary Sorry, I said in the description that the sanctuary has a pool on the Crown. It doesn't. Apologies.

It is one solution. Not necessarily practical, but it is a solution.

It's a real bad solution since it would probably just drive potential customers away from booking altogether. The last thing any cruise line wants is being know for extra charges even if it did guarantee a seat.

If people need a special seat, they should get up early enough and find one. It's not really that hard to keep it during the day but limiting you time away to something reasonable.

Didn't say I agree with it. There are other variations I have heard, like each person getting a chair key (a card like a room key). There's a place on the chair for the key to be placed, if the chair is idle too long the key is removed...

I personally prefer combining that with the same solution that the Philadelphia parking authority uses for limited time parking. They mark car tires with chalk. Every hour or so they change the chalk color. If they go past the same car and it has 2 marks...ticket.

Same rule for chairs, have some way for the stewards to mark empty ones (chalk wouldn't work, the holders would wipe it off), I'm thinking a checklist of some kind. If the chair is vacant for more than 120 minutes, anything on it goes to the desk and its free grab. If they want to go high tech put a barcode on the chair key. I'll leave it to the collective to come up with other ways of tracking.

It's a real bad solution since it would probably just drive potential customers away from booking altogether. The last thing any cruise line wants is being know for extra charges even if it did guarantee a seat.

If people need a special seat, they should get up early enough and find one. It's not really that hard to keep it during the day but limiting you time away to something reasonable.

Edited by Loonbeam

Didn't say I agree with it. There are other variations I have heard, like each person getting a chair key (a card like a room key). There's a place on the chair for the key to be placed, if the chair is idle too long the key is removed...

I personally prefer combining that with the same solution that the Philadelphia parking authority uses for limited time parking. They mark car tires with chalk. Every hour or so they change the chalk color. If they go past the same car and it has 2 marks...ticket.

Same rule for chairs, have some way for the stewards to mark empty ones (chalk wouldn't work, the holders would wipe it off), I'm thinking a checklist of some kind. If the chair is vacant for more than 120 minutes, anything on it goes to the desk and its free grab. If they want to go high tech put a barcode on the chair key. I'll leave it to the collective to come up with other ways of tracking.

They did have a collection table set up on the Grand one time. There were only a few articles on it mid morning.

So basically you would condone turning the whole ship seating into a type of "Sanctuary" and charging everyone for every seat. :p:rolleyes:

Every seat, every cocktail, every cabin, every meal and every show. We could cut our cruising costs down by half...

why don't they just have enough sun loungers/beds etc for all passengers on board that way no one has to fight for them and they would be available to all during the cruise. The loungers/chairs in the Sanctuary are a lot plusher than the others round the pools (I believe), so if people want to pay extra for those then so be it.

why don't they just have enough sun loungers/beds etc for all passengers on board that way no one has to fight for them and they would be available to all during the cruise. The loungers/chairs in the Sanctuary are a lot plusher than the others round the pools (I believe), so if people want to pay extra for those then so be it.

Answer-economics !!!

They know that even on sea days if there were the same number of loungers/chairs for every passenger some would remain empty, there will always be passengers doing other things than just sitting around on board ship, gym,lectures,films,sitting on balconies and of course eating LOL.

So it saves money .....