Is there alarm clocks inside cabins

vols_159

Ill be on the sun in 2 weeks with a inside room and was just wondering if there were clocks or alarm clocks provided already inside the rooms or if i needed to bring my own?? any other useful tips to bring would be helpful!

Ill be on the sun in 2 weeks with a inside room and was just wondering if there were clocks or alarm clocks provided already inside the rooms or if i needed to bring my own?? any other useful tips to bring would be helpful!

No clocks...wake up calls work fine but we always take our own clock.

DH uses his iPhone for our alarm clock. We pick a different song to wake up to for every cruise. After the cruise is over, just hearing the song on the radio brings back happy memories! :)

that would work great I have a droid but if someone calls or a txt message comes in wouldnt you get extra charges?

Most, if not all, newer smartphone & feature (a/k/a "dumb") phones have a Flight Mode (or something similar) to switch off data & phone functions - I do that with our HTC and use it as an alarm clock, also took care of the need for a night light to read the time when it's pitch black in the cabin. :p

that would work great I have a droid but if someone calls or a txt message comes in wouldnt you get extra charges?

DH puts his iPhone on "airplane mode" whenever he's onboard ship. That way he's not getting txt msgs or emails but he does have access to his alarm clock, his flashlight app, etc. etc.

We leave both phones on and are okay if we get a phone call or text while at sea.

The bigger problem is sometimes the cell tower system has a different time than the ship - LOL!

If you set it to NOT auto update the time, then this is covered. Yes, you could go to airplane mode and not get phone calls, but we are okay getting them.

We leave both phones on and are okay if we get a phone call or text while at sea.

The bigger problem is sometimes the cell tower system has a different time than the ship - LOL!

If you set it to NOT auto update the time, then this is covered. Yes, you could go to airplane mode and not get phone calls, but we are okay getting them.

thats what i was about to ask.. If the ship is on a different time then the current port you are in.. one more question if a port has free wifi..could you access with your phone to run some apps like facebook and email without added charges??

Most, if not all, newer smartphone & feature (a/k/a "dumb") phones have a Flight Mode (or something similar) to switch off data & phone functions - I do that with our HTC and use it as an alarm clock, also took care of the need for a night light to read the time when it's pitch black in the cabin. :p

I also have a HTC "eris" how do you set a song to be played instead of the factory beeps or other alarm functions?

thats what i was about to ask.. If the ship is on a different time then the current port you are in.. one more question if a port has free wifi..could you access with your phone to run some apps like facebook and email without added charges??

Free wifi is free wifi. No extra charge. But make 100% sure you are grabbing an WIFI signal, and not a DATA signal via a roaming phone service that can add up in a hurry. Most phones allow you to turn DATA ROAMING off.

Good luck finding free WIFI by the way.

Free wifi is free wifi. No extra charge. But make 100% sure you are grabbing an WIFI signal, and not a DATA signal via a roaming phone service that can add up in a hurry. Most phones allow you to turn DATA ROAMING off.

Good luck finding free WIFI by the way.

Thank you do you know if there is any free wifi in cozumel belize city or santo thomas guatemola? im not worried about Key west i think my data plan covers all us cities

You might want to pick up a small travel alarm clock; I've read reviews where the wake up calls and the bedside clocks didn't go off.

Cheap travel insurance. *shrug*

On the Gem, the wake up calls worked fine. Normally at my age (63) I wake up fairly early anyway.

Archived