Canada cruise and fog

Mjasp

Two years ago my neighbor went on a July cruise to Canada and said the entire cruise there was nothing but fog and all you heard was the fog horn, Last year we were on the Carnival Glory to Canada in June and the weather was perfect with no fog. I told her what a great time it was and now she is joining us this year for a long weekend cruise in June on the Carnival Glory.

All you Canada experts who have cruised to Canada, is there more fog in July than June or were we just lucky last year.

Thanks in advance for you replies

Ive cruised in late June and July. Ive had no fog and fog with alternating days on both cruises.

We are strongly thinking of going in early July this year.

What did you think of the Glory?

I too cruised the Glory in June 2010 (I want to say around the 10th?). When we left NYC, it was cool weather. The 1st sea day was all fog and cold!

When we got to Saint John, it was beautiful and warm and sunny. Just fabulous!

The last sea day was once again foggy, rainy and all we heard were the horns. We couldn't see anything out of our window. I had to buy a sweatshirt at the onboard shop!

It was still a great cruise.... we kept busy without going outside.

Maybe it's the luck of the draw and the weather man?

Ive cruised in late June and July. Ive had no fog and fog with alternating days on both cruises.

We are strongly thinking of going in early July this year.

What did you think of the Glory?

The Glory was our first Carnival cruise, so I can't compare it to another Carnival ship, but I can tell you one thing, it made me LOVE Carnival, so I guess you can say I liked the Glory.

Went in June, 3 out of 5 days were fog but warm and the kids did use the pool, plus every night.

Would go again but would not not book a balcony.

Did you go in early or late June, just wondering if it gets foggy when the weather starts getting warm

We've done one late June, two August, and two Labor Day weekend Canada cruises. The June cruise had periods of fog. One of the August cruises had fog the morning we arrived in Halifax (the fog was so think we didn't know we were docking until we felt the thrusters kick in), the other had no fog. The Labor Day cruises had no fog either, although both times we had to contend with "tropical weather" (i.e., Tropical Storm Eduardo in 2006 and Hurricane Earl in 2010).

I've never been to Canada and don't really know what to expect, so I was a little worried after reading about the fog. We're booked for August a week after our wedding cruise and it was the only dates we could go before I go back to work.

At any rate, it just sounds like the luck of the draw as you may or may not get fog. I guess I'd rather be on a foggy cruise than no cruise! :)

Archived