two general questions

temp6688

Most ships will have a tour desk...however as many popular excursions get sold out well in advance you may want to book them thru your cruise line's web site.

Your cabin steward will replenish your shampoo as required...in fact often to often.

Usually the shampoo and body wash are in dispensers in the shower (like soap in public restrooms) and they are kept stocked. Just remember that your room steward will be working to keep you happy, so don't be afraid to ask.

1. Where do we sign up for shore excursions on the ship?

2. I hear shampoo is provided on board, but will they get restocked each day or do we only get one bottle for the whole trip?

Thanks!

We always book shore excursions online in advance. Once on-board, you may find popular excursions already sold out. And seem like the on-board excursion desk is always busy.

We've never had a problem with getting enough shampoo.

1. Where do we sign up for shore excursions on the ship?

2. I hear shampoo is provided on board, but will they get restocked each day or do we only get one bottle for the whole trip?

Thanks!

There will be a clearly marked shore excursion desk near the center of the ship where the check in desk and other public service desks are located.

Shampoo and hand soap will be provided as needed. Usually stewards will clean your cabin 2 times a day. If you should run out you can just leave a note and it'll be taken care of. Generally though they'll see that it's needed and take care of it automatically.

There are certain excursions that will sell out early. We book those on-line at the cruise line's website, prior to sailing. Sometimes we aren't sure what we want to do on an island and we wait until we board. That sometimes results in a long line at the Guest Relations desk waiting to book behind lots of other passengers that procrastinated, like us. We got the very LAST tickets for a Dolphin Swim on night one of our cruise, so those are apparently a hot excursion.

Dispensers in the showers are re-filled. If the cabin steward doesn't notice, and you run out, just tell him and he'll make sure you are supplied throughout the cruise.

Just a warning about the provided shampoo... :) Depending on which line you are sailing on the shampoo will be very cheap and can make your hair do strange and ugly things. LOL If your hair is color treated or otherwise sensitive to styling products I would recommend you bring your own.

Personally, my hair feels like straw if I use the ship's shampoo and it makes it limp and hard to style.

That might be an interesting poll -- how many people use the ship's shampoo? I definitely wouldn't use RCCL's mystery shampoo/body wash on my hair, and am not sure if there are many women who would.

There is an excursion desk, the hours will be in the daily schedule left every night on your bed.

Shampoo, if not in dispenser, it depends on the cruise line, will be replenished every morning, if not enough ask for more. It's like a hotel room, cleaned every morning, towels changed, at night garbage taken out and bed prepared for sleeping.

(I bring my own shampoo for my hair type)

Off topic :)

That might be an interesting poll -- how many people use the ship's shampoo? I definitely wouldn't use RCCL's mystery shampoo/body wash on my hair, and am not sure if there are many women who would.

I was recently called a shampoo snob because I stated this very same thing :p:)

I have used it to wash out my underwear and wash my hands...it left my hands dry and irritated. As I recall it is one dispenser, to be used as shampoo and body wash??? I don't know, I always take my own stuff. The last thing I want to do when I'm on vacation is to take a chance on shampoo, soap, body lotion and hair conditioner.

Now to the OP's question, if you have your heart set on a ships excursion, look into booking it before you go so you won't be disappointed.

They do refill the shampoo as needed and you get little bar soaps on many ships (I've never used them), Not provided on many ships is hair conditioner and body lotion. You will not regret bringing your own toiletries.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who brings her own shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion! Even when we have been in suites and got Elemis products, I have preferred to use my own. I also put all the stuff I brought in the trash if it is mostly used up and use the extra space in my luggage for souveniers.

Packing tip: Double plastic bag all liquids and then put them into a plastic carrying case to protect your clothes in case one or more of the bottles somehow leaks. There have been many trips where I was really glad I took this precaution. I have had bottles that "popped" and ones that were squished and leaked.

Archived