Balconys on Ventura?

angiebabes

The balconies on B deck are not overlooked at all, but they're quite small.

The balconies on C deck are just about twice as big as the balconies on A, B & Riviera decks: the distance from the cabin to the rail is almost twice as far. (It's about 2.95 metres). Of that distance, half is covered by the floor of the balcony above, and half is open (and hence 'overlooked').

I've got a picture in a document showing the layout of the balconies, but I can't extract it.

On C deck you can have the same space as all the rest of the above balconies and not be overlooked, plus have another 1/2 which is overlooked. You can either choose sun or shade with a C deck balcony where the others cannot. I personally don't mind the rest of the balconies overlooking me while they are all shaded and i'm in the sun :D:D:D

The only slight problem i've heard of is that kids (and I assume it's kids) do like to drop ice cream onto the exposed balconies just to antagonise the people below (though the couple in question did upset alot of people on our cruise with their complaining, so I guess it was karma :eek:)

Weve done Azura and Ventura on A deck and D deck respectively. We are trying a C deck balcony on Ventura next month. As the E deck balcony was overlooked we dont mind it so much however I can see how some may not enjoy it. Especially at sailaway, you can stand at your rail and look up and see hundreds of people looking down at you. Whilst you can sit under the overhang you then couldnt see the sea really as you would be quite far back. However we have gone for it in the hope of some nice weather so we can sunbathe without needing to go up on deck.

When your read these boards or speak to regular cruisers then the word seems to be out regarding C deck balconies. You would think that P&O would lift the grade for C deck balcony cabins due to demand but they seem to stay at the same grade. This would suggest there are an equal number of people who dont like being overlooked as those who enjoy the extra balcony space.

• 2 weeks later...
C deck it is then! Will pre register tomorrow night for Decenber 2012!!! My hubbies 50th so i want it to be special!

Angie

x

Hi we are also booking for December 2012 as it is my OHs 50th:)

And I am another Angie LOL !

Angie

x

I've got a picture in a document showing the layout of the balconies, but I can't extract it.

Found it now. This is actually an illustration in the report of the fire on Star Princess a few years ago, but Ventura is broadly the same. The main difference is that Ventura has an additional deck, Riviera deck, above A deck. However, the measurements for all the decks are the same, I'm sure, for both ships. So this diagram shows the size of the C deck balconies, and also the way that they're part open, part sheltered.

balcony_size.jpg

Can anyone advise on a balcony deck, size of balcony not important, that has a deck jutting out below. Not so we can spy onto other balconies, but unusually we dont like the thrill of the sea directly below!

Actually, any deck except D. You can't see *directly* downwards into the sea from any deck except D (and the small number of balconies on E deck). From any other deck you've got the balconies of C & D decks in the way. Probably the most obstructed would therefore be B or indeed C. From A or Riviera the angle get closer to vertical.

(Of course, from the aft balconies you can see all the way down to Davy Jones' locker....)

Actually, any deck except D. You can't see *directly* downwards into the sea from any deck except D (and the small number of balconies on E deck). From any other deck you've got the balconies of C & D decks in the way. Probably the most obstructed would therefore be B or indeed C. From A or Riviera the angle get closer to vertical.

(Of course, from the aft balconies you can see all the way down to Davy Jones' locker....)

Thank you so much Tom that's exactly what i needed to know.

sandra

Can anyone advise on a balcony deck, size of balcony not important, that has a deck jutting out below. Not so we can spy onto other balconies, but unusually we dont like the thrill of the sea directly below!

Here's a pic taken from an A deck balcony. You can see D deck juts out quite a way from the other decks. The deck above is the open part of the much coveted C deck larger balconies.

1951730884_dominica(2).jpg.ad8b8fae5189d73558146b5d7a7ab67a.jpg

Sorry to highjack the thread but I'm cruising on the Azura and wondered if the seat on the balcony recline?

Catherine, here's a pic of the balcony chairs on Ventura. Think they'll be same on Azura? I'll find out in October.

They recline but not a lot. They are quite comfortable with the footstool :D

1272892809_ventura3seadays(5).jpg.123d59643c20c7353dcacfdac92c4aa3.jpg

Just got back from fab cruise on Azura and we had a C deck balcony and it was the best we have ever had,:) so spacious whereas we had a D deck cabin ( great size cabin)on Ventura last year but absolutely no privacy on balcony. Would always chose C deck now and obviously cheaper than D

If you look at the deck plans in the brochure, your category of cabin could be on B,C,D or E deck. D or E will be very aft wake view cabins and B, C fore or aft cabins. Fingers crossed for C deck for the bigger balconies. :)

You could end up anywhere with a guarantee though, not necessarily a JG, but a grade or 2 above.

We've booked the lowest guarantee balcony on Equinox and were allocated a cabin 3 grades above within days of booking. Never had a guarantee on P&O.

Hi

We have been allocated a JG cabin (C102) after booking a guarantee LB on our upcoming cruise so are very happy. It is on C deck and the first cabin at the front. Just wondered has anyone had one of these and what do they think?? Thanks

Hi

We have been allocated a JG cabin (C102) after booking a guarantee LB on our upcoming cruise so are very happy. It is on C deck and the first cabin at the front. Just wondered has anyone had one of these and what do they think?? Thanks

Well done in getting a C deck cabin with the big balcony! Some say fore and aft are affected by rough seas more. Bit of a walk to get to the buffet so good for working up an appetite.

Archived