Goff's Caye

psbaldi

I booked a shore excursion to Goff's Caye through Carnival. My cruise is not until July and I assume the tender issue will be solved by then. Has anyone done this excursion. I am looking for information and oinions.

I booked a shore excursion to Goff's Caye through Carnival. My cruise is not until July and I assume the tender issue will be solved by then. Has anyone done this excursion. I am looking for information and oinions.

I went on this excursion in Feb. on Glory. You do not have to worry about tenders, as you meet in a lounge, and then board a "private" tour ship that pulls right up to the ship and takes you directly to the Cay - if you get there. You never set foot in Belize City. We went to Rendevous Caye instead, as it was too "rough" to go to Goff's. This is a tiny island -smaller than Goff's- where you can snorkel (great stuff to see) or just sit on the beach. My dd doesn't snorkel, but went along for a beach day. We had a good time, and upon arriving back at Glory, some people jumped on a "real" tender to go into Belize.

Thanks for the info....two questions...

1. Are there lounge chairs?

2. Are there bathrooms?

There are plastic lounge chairs available for rent: $5.00 for the time you're there. There is a small restroom.

We booked our snorkeling trip to Goff's Caye at the pier. I had previously researched vendors and all I saw there were familiar. We picked belizecruiseexcursions dot com. The guides were capable, friendly and we had a great day. It's a beautiful place. I hope you enjoy your time there.

I booked with Belize Cruise Excursions, we will have to be tendered in to Belize City and then meet up with guide at port (inside gate). Then we get on a speed boat and go out to Goff' Caye for a day of snorkeling and a day at the beach .They also offer "endless" Rum and Punch or bottled water with the package ($40 pp) alot cheaper than carnival.

We took the Carnival Excursion to snorkel in Goff's Caye. It was a straight tender from the ship and lounge chairs were included.

Unfortunately, it was a guided tour (although that is not indicated in the description). We had our choice to go off the boat or off the beach. We chose to go off the beach, but had to stay by the guide and 40 other people who were on the excursion. Although the guide appeared to do a good job, there were so many people, it was difficult to see what he was pointing out. I saw more fins than fish.

After the guided tour, there was additional time to swim, sun, or snorkel some more. However, the area to snorkel in by yourself was VERY limited.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a bar and ammeninties on the island?

I didn't partake as I didn't have any money, but I think they had a tiny table set up selling beers. There was also a grill set up and they were bbq'ing stuff - not sure if it was for sale or possibly included in someone else's excursion. There was also a table set up with local wares for sale.

Is there very much in the way of shade at Goff's Caye

Its a very tiny island, but there is some shade.

1834219812_GoffsCayBelize.jpg.0a108b2e7218a5cf0c773018b1629d1e.jpg

Archived