Your Time Dining and Prepaid Gratuties

Gypsywych

I emailed my TA today because I forgot to ask for YTD. She mailed back that she'd change it promptly, but I'd have to prepay the gratuities because that was now a Carnival policy.

I usually prepay my gratuities before we go, because I don't want them on my S&S bill. I like having everything paid for before we go, but to require them to request YTD?

Does anyone know why?

We were told by our PVP if we did that dining option we would be required to prepay - but we always do anyway, so it made no difference. Possibly they will not let you remove tips from your Sail and Sign after it's charged to you? They must have changed it when I wasn't paying attention, LOL!:o

It would not surprise me that Carnival is following Royal Caribbean's policy. I still think, if it is true, that they are discriminating against those of us who choose to use My time/Anytime dining. I have to say we always tip at least the minimum, but why should we have to pre-pay tips for our cabin steward when others on the ship are allowed to remove all tips and pay what they want? To me, it is discrimination.

I do believe that ALL PASSENGERS should have to pay a non-removable "service charge", (with a few exceptions like NCL has) but to penalize some of us for choosing to not have to be in the dining room at a certain time is ridiculous.

I too believe your agent is thinking about royal caribbean as I too just changed my dining time from early seating to my time dining on my miracle sailing for November and inquired about pre-paid tips as I thought it was required but was told it was not. I went ahead and paid it in any event as that is one thing less I will have to deal with.

Bevie

It would not surprise me that Carnival is following Royal Caribbean's policy. I still think, if it is true, that they are discriminating against those of us who choose to use My time/Anytime dining. I have to say we always tip at least the minimum, but why should we have to pre-pay tips for our cabin steward when others on the ship are allowed to remove all tips and pay what they want? To me, it is discrimination.

I do believe that ALL PASSENGERS should have to pay a non-removable "service charge", (with a few exceptions like NCL has) but to penalize some of us for choosing to not have to be in the dining room at a certain time is ridiculous.

When sailing the pride- we spoke to the waiter that had a few tables for anytime dining. He said many remove their tips and he sees nothing for many of those tables each week.

He has worked as a waiter for 23 years and does not like the any time dining the way it is working.

(when people report back about bad service, unfriendly waiters- I wonder if this is the reason why)

Archived