Riviera Deck

kazbar

I may be by myself on this opinion, but i hated the riviera deck. We were right above the anchors or something, and everyday of our 7 day cruise we were awakened by what felt like an earthquake below our room. Really, the 1st morning I thought the ship had crashed into something.

My wife & I stayed on the Riviera deck on the Valor last year, we found it to be a better solution we walked around more & it was really good when you came back on board when in port as you only have to go up one level.

Enjoy :)

Totally agree, and when you get off the ship in the mornings you kinda get to cut in line, because the line goes up the stairs and well you are right there. This next cruise I booked deck 10, but thats only because it was a free upgrade. I have done Riviera twice and had great, quiet rooms each time :)

We actually prefer the Riviera deck and refuse any upgrades because that is where we like to be. Definitely quiet and no extra motion. We are trying a Balcony this cruise, but mostly because on the Miracle the Riviera is the same level as the galley and all of the activity is going on right above you.

When I was in my 30's I used to book the Riviera deck all the time. I loved seeing the ocean waves splash by my window. It was a lot of fun.

Presently I am a senior that can't walk too much so I like being on an upper deck AFT near the buffet area so I can eat there. I also like my cabin to be near an elevator too.

I think the main deck is more fun because the lobby is located there. I see it as my living room space when I book a main deck cabin.

My sister says it doesn't matter where your cabin is located as long as you are on the ship. But she gets real happy when I book a cabin one deck before the Lido deck where the buffet is located.lol.

There is nothing wrong with the riviera deck except at the very back because you can hear when the anchor is dragging and you hear the thrust of the engines when they start up. I would suggest mid ship if on that deck but otherwise alright.:D

I have been on the Riviera deck 5 out of 14 cruises. Depending on the ship, the Riviera deck is fine. I don't think I would like to be on the R deck on the Splendor with the problems it had during the fire.:D

Pros: only 1 flight up from the exit at the ports. Less rocking if you get sea sick than the upper decks.

Cons: Noise from the ropes/anchors dropping in port early in the morning. Since it seems that more groups like to book on the R deck, it tends to be noiser in the halls.

I may be by myself on this opinion, but i hated the riviera deck. We were right above the anchors or something, and everyday of our 7 day cruise we were awakened by what felt like an earthquake below our room. Really, the 1st morning I thought the ship had crashed into something.

what was your room number?

Has anyone been in a porthole on the riviera deck? Specifically R3 area on Imagination? Booked a GTY and thats what I got

That's very interesting! I've been told numerous times that anyone booking an inside GTY would get, at the very minimum, a 4A. But category PT is considered below 4A, so I've been told wrong numerous times.:confused::rolleyes::confused:

But moving on from that. I had R8 on a different ship, but a similar location. We hit some extremely brutal seas, due to a very light rain storm.:rolleyes: The motion did make me a little sick. Be prepared to experience a little more motion than a midship room would have. Besides that, I loved my porthole room. It was nice and quiet and easy to get off while in port. And despite the statement in my previous paragraph, I believe the porthole rooms to be better than any regular interior room. That's because you actually do get a view of the outside. And on some of the bigger ships, the porthole rooms are significantly larger than a regular interior. Your ship doesn't list any size difference between the 2, but you never know. Congrats on your assignment!

I found it interesting that the majority of the people who posted have always stayed on the Riviera Deck.

Our first cruise on the Destiny was on the Riviera Deck. We went with a group so we didn't pick our cabins. Our second, on the Victory, we picked the Empress Deck because we wanted a balcony. Our third, we picked the Empress Deck again but were upgraded to the Panorama Deck. Conquest, Glory and Dream, we picked the Panorama Deck again. It has nothing to do with "cruising snobs". We like it up there. We spend most of our time on the Lido Deck around the pool. If you want to go back to your cabin, you run up one flight of stairs and you're there. The Panorama Deck has very little traffic. We rarely saw anyone in the halls. And the view is spectacular from up there.

Stayed on the Riviera Deck on the Victory, Destiny and the Splendor. Nice quiet rooms, access to exit the ship for excursions was wonderful. The money saved vs a Balcony room allowed us to do so much more while away. Booked the Riviera for our next trip.

Archived