Travel Insured Insurance

I'm about to book my cruise. There will be 2 adults and 2 children. The cost of the trip is $1700. We leave in November. We will be going Western Caribbean.

I am just looking at different insurance policies. I found this one through Travel Insured. It seems too goo to be true. What do you think.

This policy includes - Cancellation $1700 - Interruption $2550 - Medical $50000 secondary - Medical Evacuation $500,000 - Increased benefits are available - plan-detail-resuts-page.gif

Total: $56.00

That policy sells for about 2-3% of the cost of the trip. Is that the total price, and not per person? The company is a good one, the broker you are using is one of the better ones, and the policy, while basic, will cover emergencies.

Edited by cherylandtk

I'm about to book my cruise. There will be 2 adults and 2 children. The cost of the trip is $1700. We leave in November. We will be going Western Caribbean.

I am just looking at different insurance policies. I found this one through Travel Insured. It seems too goo to be true. What do you think.

This policy includes - Cancellation $1700 - Interruption $2550 - Medical $50000 secondary - Medical Evacuation $500,000 - Increased benefits are available - plan-detail-resuts-page.gif

Total: $56.00

Sounds like a good deal. Always important to have travel insurance because you never know what will happen.

We were booked on an Alaskan cruise two years ago. We bought air and cruise insurance. One week before departure, my fil was hospitalized and died during the night. We canceled the trip and were refunded 100%.

• 2 years later...

TravelInsured is who USAA uses as their travel insurance provider. I've never had to file a claim, but I can't believe USAA would steer me wrong.

I love the fact that the use the age when you book, not cruise. My DS is free in June, since he was under 18 when we booked.

This insurance company is fighting tooth and nail NOT to pay us when we canceled our cruise due to the death of my mother 2days prior to our departure.

Use another company.

Captron, I am so sorry for the loss of your mother.

May I ask what the reason for denial was? TI policies specifically exclude pre-existing conditions, including those that lead to death, from their coverage unless the policy is purchased within 21 days of deposit. Other companies may or may not have different definitions.

Barb,

We also are USAA members, and I felt as you do. But I don't think we will be using the trip insurance in the future. This limitation on death resulting from a pre-existing condition is one reason, but so is their reluctance to allow a policy travel date change and their being sticklers for details (read: loopholes for them).

The benefits of the USAA policy (coverage for deployments and military need) no longer apply to us, and there are better policies for us in the general marketplace. YMMV.:)