Waiters singing/dancing question...

AandBmom

Last year we did anytime dining on the Imagination. We always went to the dining room right when it opened as this timing seemed to work best for our kids. We never saw the singing/dancing waiter show. The year prior we were on the Legend and saw the antics every night. The Maitre D' Yossuf always started with, "It's Showtime". Yossuf was on the Imagination when we were on it, but we never heard him speak. Can someone please tell me, did we just miss him doing this because we were so early dining or do they not do it during anytime dining? Also, we're going on the Sensation in April and I'm wondering what to expect with the dining antics? I think my kids would love it so I don't want to miss it.

During Early Dining they usually say " It's Showtime " around 7:20 but i think that is heads up to the waiters to start getting ready. It was around 7:30 when they actually started the singing and dancing. Maybe you were already done eating and gone when they started.

I was wondering this because we never saw any singing and dancing in our early seating but if it was that much after the meal started we were never around long enough...the three little ones would have either been asleep at the table or pleading to go to their clubs by 7. I'll hav to remember to stay longer next time.

"Anytime dining" is not in a dining room of its own, so if you time it right, you will see the show. However, it's timed for the early dining. We have done anytime dining before and would stick around for the showtime, which was usually between 7:10 and 7:20.

We've had Yossef before too!! I loved how he said his name.

And the "showtime in the dining room"....its across the fleet!

We loved it...and the 1st night we didnt know what time so our Waiter informed us since we did "Anytime Dining" that it was between 7:15 and 7:30 so we knew to get there around 6:40-6:45 which is our usual time at home and we got to see the show...The Kids loved it too Certainly not annoying we find it very Entertaining...

I heard that on the newer ships that anytime dining is on a different floor of one of the MDR restaurants and those waiters who service that area do not interrupt your meal and continue service when the singing waiters do their thing on the other floor. We were hoping to avoid it with the choice of anytime dining.

I hate the waiter show. I think it is degrading for them. But to each his own.

They don't and that is all that matters.

It's the fun ships after all. The stick in the mud ships are the ones with the big X on the funnel.

Archived