Puerto Rico's Favorites excursion

I posted a message on the San Juan board to someone who took this excursion but they have not responded so I thought I would ask it here. Has anyone booked this? San Juan is the only port that I have left to figure out. It seems like a tour that would please everyyone....rainforest...fort & shopping. I am worried that there is no time for lunch anywhere. Please let me know if you have done this or are thinking about doing this excursion.

Haven't taken ship excursion here, because we usually start in San Juan.

Depending on your mobility, you can easily do the city and forts on your own. There is even a free shuttle around town (get on/off when you want). Plenty of good food around in town, some Americanized some local.

The Rainforest, El Yunque, is a great trip. Do it with the ship, IMO, because it is a drive to/from the Rainforest (approx 1.5-2 hrs each way). Hiking can be more difficulty, there are some very steep, wet sections. There are vendors in this area but depends on day of week (how busy the forest is) so food choices may be extremely limited.

Can also do Snorkeling out of Fajardo, again I would book with the ship, because of the distance to get there (approx 1.5-2 hrs each way). Usually on Snorkeling trips you get some type of snack/food.

If you have the option of kayaking bio-luminescence bay, this is a great trip at night. You do not want a full moon. You will not be going to the "best" one - that is on Vieques, but it is still a good trip.

Hope some of this helps.:)

We were on a Celebrity cruise last fall, and did our own thing to get to the rain forest. We rented a car from the Hertz rental located at the Sheraton near the cruise port. We brought our own GPS...and away we went! The rain forest is amazing! A must see in my opinion.

We did the Segway Tour. It was absolutely fantastic! We think it was the highlight of our whole trip. Just google San Juan Segway Tour and you will find it. I recommend it to everybody.

I want to chime in and second this! This was by far our favorite thing we did in San Juan. So informative a lots of fun. You can't go wrong with this tour.

Archived